“Artwork and Interior Colors make it feel Upscale”

SpringHill Suites Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I really enjoy the aqua blue and green colors of this hotel. I appreciate the hotel artwork. It feels more like a spa to me. The rooms are well designed and look new and fresh. The front desk staff mentioned a 5:30 pm gathering - I had enjoyed it the last time I visited. The complimentary breakfast at 6:30 am had a wide selection of breakfast foods. I will stay here again the next time I am in Winston if I can get a room - they are popular.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room on the end that is NOT near the Hooters up the hill.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I've been spoiled by some of the Springhill Suites that I've stayed in. This hotel lacks some of the accents that give a lot of the newest Springhill Suites a lot of their charm, but this is a good hotel. I like the walk in showers and the separate living/bedroom area. The staff here is friendly and accommodating. The workout area is decent for a hotel of this size. The bed wasn't all that comfortable and the hotel wifi was not that reliable. That said, All things considered, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I recently had an overnight stay at this hotel for a sporting event for my daughter. We checked in kind of late which was no problem as we were greeted with a bright and cheery staff. I loved the decor of the hotel it was very modern and pretty. It was my first time staying at a Springhill Suites location and I was very pleased with my choice. Loved it!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gabilinda
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We always stay here when we come to Winston Salem. We love the suite type rooms they are perfect for our family of 4. It is close to the mall, restaurants, and of course our reason for visiting Wake Forest. Breakfast is a usual hotel breakfast. Pool is on the smaller side but we are there during the week so it is rarely full. Although there was a sports event this weekend when we arrived mass chaos and lots of kids. If I wasn't accustomed to that it would have been overwhelming. I was a little disappointed that when I made my reservation they did not have a double room available and told me to keep calling back so we did but when we got our room changed they changed my rate as well. It went up. They quoted us a different price for the rest of the week as well as our parents. Our parents didn't get the rate quoted. We haven't checked out yet so I'm not sure what we will be charged. Overall though we have always been happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Almost new, very well designed rooms. Nice breakfast. Staff went out of their way to get us in a room so we could change clothes and get to a graduation event. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family