“Pretty good breakfast”

Add it.
Famous Toastery
Ranked #363 of 731 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Waitress was outgoing and perky. Service was swift and accurate. Had the hash and it was nicely done, a good departure from canned hash you find elsewhere. Not sure the lemon in the hollandaise sauce goes with hash though. Wife had an omelette which I tried and it was tasty, with the thick cut bacon in it.
The only real issue I felt was that its expensive, coffee is $2.50. We had two adults and a toddler and with tip our bill was over $40, which is stout in these parts for breakfast imho. I also noticed in the menu that a gluten free wrap costs extra, that seems to me if you need that type of food and the only difference is the type of wrap they use, it should be a no cost option. Seems kinda wrong that its an upcharge.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten many times at the downtown location and have always been very happy with our experience. First time at the new location on Hanes Mall Blvd and I was fairly disappointed.
First issue - waited at least 5 minutes to be acknowledged and seated. To be fair there was a party of 6 or more who were checking out and they all paid separately from the same bill. Still there should be more people at the front door to assist.
Second issue - another wait for a server to acknowledge us and take our orders.
Third issue - our server brought our drinks and the only other time we were spoken to was when they dropped off our meals.
Lastly - the food was not quite up to par with our expectations and past experiences downtown. It was decent but not spectacular. My wife’s plate of huevos rancheros, for example was garnished with wilted and brown-colored cilantro.
I’ll probably give them another shot but it was disappointing.

3  Thank 267martyg
Reviewed 23 July 2018

The Toastery is good, it falls a little short of great. Some of our breakfasts were much better than others. The avocado omelet was most excellent. The biscuits and gravy - not so much. Some of the poorest excuse for true southern cream gravy I've tasted and there are certainly better biscuits. Now, that said good service and a great omelet tells me the Famous Toastery is worth another try, just skip biscuits and gravy.

1  Thank a1963corvette
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Famous Toastery is one of those rare places that excels in all ways. Everything is always oh so fresh. The wait staff is stellar. And the place is always clean and tidy. But when it's packed, it's also super noisy. Famous Toastery is not a run of the mill fast food joint. But service is swift and efficient. I've had the turkey and brie melt with the raspberry puree a couple of times, it's so delicious.

1  Thank lovesfood777
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This is a new location of Famous Toastery that opened in May. It’s off Hanes Mall Blvd on Creekside Dr. (near Cheddars). We ate here Saturday around 10:30 am. It was busy, but there wasn’t a wait and our food came out quickly. I had eggs Benedict Florentin with breakfast potatoes and a large glass of fresh squeezed OJ (so delicious!). Lots of breakfast or lunch items served anytime 7am-3pm. Food was good, prices are a little high, but I love a restaurant that serves breakfast all day.

1  Thank demTravels