“Shocked to find this type of Asian food right in Winston Salem!”
Review of 18 Malaysia

18 Malaysia
Ranked #141 of 735 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I've been to Singapore many times -- and I adore all the mixed food you can get there, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, and of course Malay since it's right next door! Some of my favorite hawker center foods I eat are Malay (at least by association).

Well imagine my surprise when I read a review of where to get a great bowl of Ramen -- and it's at this hole in the wall Malay restaurant. I guess it's more fair to say it's a mixed Asian restaurant since they do serve food from just about all the areas cuisines.

Luckily we went as a small group so we could sample some items -- and they were all amazing and good.

Appetizer: ROTI PRATA -- that's all you need to know and order. Perfect roti with layers and layers served with a great potato curry dipping sauce, just in in Singapore!

Char Kwah Teoh! This is Malays version of "Drunken Noodles" but 10x better IMHO!

And yes, the Ramen WAS great. I had the spicy ramen with roast pork. Easily the best ramen in town -- oh wait -- I think it's really the ONLY ramen in town. They could expand their ramen options IMHO -- but -- this dish makes me happy when I have a craving (which happens fortnightly!)

The chicken udon soup also looked good and tasted fine, although a dash of soy and some 7-spice seasoning would have helped. (Bring you own).

All in all, this is a great little restaurant. Service was good but a little jumbled -- but it all worked out! Will be back OFTEN!

1  Thank SJM-Weasel

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This new restaurant is a winner. The decor is very attractive. We found the service to be friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the house Sake and a pork fried dumpling appetizer. My husband enjoyed the Crispy Golden Shrimp. The broccoli and pork that I had was delicious. We recommend and look forward to returning to try more items on the menu.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The food is authentic and delicious! I have tried many dishes and been pleased with all of them! Especially would recommend the flat noodles!

1  Thank 592candiceb