Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
US$ 214
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 142
US$ 126
US$ 86
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 103/night.

US$ 121
All reviewsfire pitreception areawafflesone nighthanes mallwake forestfront desknetflixtoiletrieskitchenetteweddingtvbathroom
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before and was greatly surprised with this awesome room. It truly had everything I could ever ask for. Full size fridge, stove top, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, kitchen sink, dishwasher and sitting bar. Then a full size couch, tv table, huge desk and massive TV. The mattress was super comfortable for my picky old body, too. The shower had great water pressure and as much hot water as I could want. The towels plush, Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, which smelled very good. I appreciated the dressing area also. Only two tiny pet peeves....the pillows seemed to be down and went flat when you laid on them....I just could not fold and fluff it enough to get them to stay plush. And, there was not a USB port anywhere!!! I accidentally left my adapter plug at work one night and was really worried since my phone was dying, that I would not have my wake up alarms going off. The breakfast was wonderful. Loved having the hot bacon, sausage, eggs and such as well as waffles and all of the other standard fair. They even have a little happy hour sort of thing in the afternoon. I was usually not back in time to enjoy it, but did see it one evening and it looked great. There is a full bar there. There is a lovely outdoor area with a fire pit, and gas grill, next to the pool. When I work in High Point I typically stay in Greensboro. It was not to bad to have the extra driving time in order to be in such a nice hotel.

Room Tip: I usually like closer to the elevator so the walk is not so far when you are exhausted.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Karen A
Kowee T, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Hello Karen A,
Thank you for staying with us. I see that you had a longer drive but your stay was great. Hopefully we can get you to comeback and stay? I will make this promise....... Since we have The Mix on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays, we will make you a plate and have it waiting on you. Can't wait to see you again. Thanks for staying with us here at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall.

Kōwee Truesdale Sr.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay at Residence Inn. Our suite was well appointed in terms of amenities and modern decor. The kitchenette had plenty of silverware, plates, and cups for guests staying for an extended period of time. The kitchen was stocked with liquid dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, coffee pods, paper towels, and a package of microwave popcorn.
The restroom was large and featured modern fixtures and a tasteful color palette. The restroom was stocked with Paul Mitchell toiletries. The suite also had a hair dryer, iron, and ironing board.
The complimentary breakfast buffet offered a wide assortment of food. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelet station, regular or pumpkin spice waffles, multiple cereals, pastries, and yogurt. Not to mention, coffee, milk, and multiple types of juice. The breakfast was nicely done with real plates and silverware. No plastic cutlery.
There are several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel (Zaxby's, Wayback Burger, Fresh Melt). The area felt safe, and the hotel had plenty of lights in the parking lot.
We were very pleased and we would stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mrandmrsd99

Hello mrandmrsd99,
Thanks for taking the time to gives us feed back. We are so glad you found us on Trip Advisor as well. We love when you love us here at the Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall. See you all on your return visit!!!!

Kōwee Truesdale Sr.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We were able to use mobile check in which is always a plus. This is a brand new hotel. Maybe a month old. Brand new staff. So you should expect and need to be ready for growing pains. We arrived around 1:00 pm and were greeted cheerfully at the front desk. We were quickly checked in used their carts to unload. We had a ground floor room with two Queen beds. We really thought the decor was very fun and contemporary. The tv offered pandora, Netflix, and others. We were able to use our account from home to watch top notch movies. Beds were comfortable and good linen. The bathroom was furnished with good absorbent towels and top quality toiletries. There is a galley kitchen that ha everything you need to make your own dinner, if you wish. They have a little market area in the lobby with TV dinner type food as well as snacks and drinks. This keeps you from having to go to the store. There is an ample working desk with plug ins, etc. A nice sofa is there to offer a seating area to visit or watch tv. They offer a complimentary breakfast in the lobby area. I was not happy with the quality of the eggs and sausage. The cold cereal and coffee is what I settled on. They have a pool and exercise room. Free parking is a plus. Overall this is a very nice hotel. I wish the breakfast was better quality. The staff was helpful and professional. They will learn and do better as time goes by. A new staff and hotel always has growing pains. Please do yourself a favor and give them a try.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RalphCIII
Kowee T, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello RalphCIII,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. When reading your response it almost made me want to book a room at our hotel. (You have a future career in written visuals)
Thanks again and we await your return to Residence Inn Hanes Mall.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I stayed there one night while my husband was in the hospital. It was fabulous. Everything was perfect. Room, help, everything. Went back a week later before another procedure and it was a disaster. We checked in at 8 pm and the person at the desk had a long line and was dealing with an issue with a guest. Took us at least 20 minutes to get to the desk to check in. No carts because there were so many of us waiting. She was only one working at the hotel - which is rediculous!
Asked for a quiet room. Seemed easy enough.
Got to our room and unpacked and started hearing either a herd of kids with cement shoes or little elephants stomping above us. Called front desk. They called the room. No response. She went there (leaving desk un-manned) and they said they would quiet down. Didn't happen. Called her as we were trying to go to bed. Still hearing them do aerobics or something. She said that she'd go up there again but would move us. (after we'd unpacked and gone to bed, seemed unreasonable).
I had already emailed the general manager that we were unhappy - no response.
First thing we heard in the am when we got up was these people again.
Our under the door invoice was for full rate! no discount for complaints!
Went to front desk, talked to manager. Apologized for noise, but said they could not do anything because they didn't hear the noise (but they never came to our room to hear it).
Manager offered us signifigant discount on stay but really soured me on the hotel. As someone who will likely have to travel to Winston often in the future, I'll probably find another options.

So rooms are great - spacious, nice finishes, shower is great. BUT, only high floors are sure to be quiet enough to get a good nights rest.

Room Tip: fourth floor only
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Hello Kristi B,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. I first want to apologize for your second stay with us. No one should have to endure any excessive noise when staying in a hotel. Since our conversation we have put protocols in place to make sure this never happens again. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were here 2 nights, as we had a wedding in town and extended our stay a bit (arrived earlier). We stayed at another hotel downtown afterward because the rest of the bridal party was there, but in the future, this hotel will be our first choice! The rooms are really well laid-out, with full kitchens and a comfortable little living room/office area.

Room was spotless when we arrived, and we didn't need housekeeping the next day (we just asked for a few new towels & toiletries when she showed up). Provided toiletries were Paul Mitchell - face bar, body bar, shampoo & conditioner. They smelled great and were really nice & moisturizing. Breakfast was good. The patio area, with the pool and fire pit, was really nice and I wish we had had time to take advantage of the great weather and sit next to the fire! The desk area in the room was really comfortable, and the price to upgrade to "premium" WiFi so I could do some work was only $5 for 24hrs, which is totally worth it. We had a view of the pool/patio and surrounding shopping area. Not particularly scenic but not terrible either - Just a normal view.

I think the only thing I'd complain about is missing a spot to lay my suitcase, like a luggage rack or bench. Such a small complaint - there are drawers to put your stuff if that's your thing, and we just rested our luggage on the sofa and moved them off (there's space under the tv stand for them) when family visited.

Family that visited us in our room commented that the next time they are in town, they will stay here as well!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Emily T,
Thanks for taking the time to gives feed back. We here you loud and clear about the luggage racks. Again thanks for the great response.