“Great Soup and Sandwich”

Fresh Melt Grilled & Soup Company
Ranked #156 of 689 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Great food and service. Love the Carolina BBQ sandwich. Tomato soup was perfect and tasty. Very clean restaurant, and fast delivery of food.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great place to stop after shopping on a cold day for soup & grilled cheese. I got the skinny melt & tomato soup. Both were very yummy! Soup was creamy & the bread on the sandwich had the perfect amount of butter & crisp! I really like the guac on my sandwich too. It cost $9.60 (tax included) for half sandwich & cup of soup. They also have salads if you'd prefer that.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

You know, sometimes you want something that just a bit out of the norm - no burgers tonight! This was a gourmet grilled cheese experience. And if you’re going to have a great grilled cheese experience, soup is a requirement. FMG&SC did it great! The guacamole that was on the grilled cheese was wonderful, and they have the best tomato bisque I’ve had out. Add a little spice option and they will be flocking to this place (no Angry Birds).

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I think my timing was bad because I had two strikes (items not available) when ordering. Nice comfort food, it was cold and rainy the night I went so it was perfect.

They do offer some salad choices.

Pumpkin bread was really good, I took to hotel with me to have for breakfast and it was yummy.

Don't order the iced tea- not fresh brewed and just a step up from fountain.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Well, my granddaughter loves grilled cheese sandwiches and soup. We got 1/2 caprese sandwich and broccoli and cheese soup. We don’t eat a big lunch, so it was enough for both of us. There was a self serve Coke machine that’s fancy with all the flavors you could want. The tea was disappointing as it was piped in from a tea company already prepared, NOT fresh brewed. You always fresh brew in the SOUTH!!!! Some people like Pure Leaf, but I want it brewed or made in house. They had somewhat big cookies for $2 each. That’s too much for me as I am a good baker and I just went home and baked a bunch of what we wanted as a sweet for not so much dough (Ha! Ha!). I don’t know what their cookies taste like. We ate outside on the small patio in the warm fall sun. It was fine and our food was brought out to us. We put a plastic number on a metal holder and a nice young man brought out our small fare. This restaurant is close to Hobby Lobby, Cheddars, Woodfire Pizza, Firebirds, Target, a Movie Theater, Walmart, a car wash, a furniture store-Ashley and Ethan. There are hotels close by, a long term stay hotel, too. It’s just a nice area. There are condo like homes across the street that are new and right in the middle of everything. If you like city life and being right in the middle of everything, then, this is the place for you! I like having a different place like Fresh Melt to try, but I’m not that crazy over grilled cheese.