All reviews lobby cafe starbucks coffee front desk business trip would stay here again staff was very friendly king bed rooms are clean oatmeal parking lot wake forest bistro bridgette marriott highway hallway maintenance
Reviewed 16 November 2017

It's nice, when traveling, when you can secure a decent lodging with ready access to major highways and is close to some good dining and shopping. This Courtyard by Marriott is all of the former, but the icing on the cake is the location, close to everything, including the Hanes Mall, but feeling like it's on a quiet, residential street.

The hotel seemed almost secluded, but it was easy to find and just a few minutes off the highway. There was no road noise at all from the highway or the busy commercial area it's adjacent to. The exterior was well-cared for, which is always a good sign of a well-managed property. Having been in landscaping for a number of years, I always look forward to going to the South, where horticulture is respected and landscapes are given proper attention.

The room was very nice, exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott property. The staff were very friendly and helpful and performed their jobs well. When one front desk attendant heard I was in town for a drum corps competition, she offered some information about future concerts coming to the area.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard and plan to book there in the future!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed here for one night. I arrived after 12a and check-in was a little rough. I was quite surprised that I was offered and then charged for a bottle of water?? Not a big thing but a little on the cheap side ... (btw, i am a gold marriott member.)

Room was nicely equipped, quiet, AC/Heating worked well. Good wifi. Bathroom tiny but okay. Lots of towels, etc.

Gym is very small. A few pieces of aerobic equipment (a spin bike would be nice).

There is a nice restaurant with good selection and services but it has very very limited hours. Breakfast ends at 930a then nothing until 530p. Suggest that they offer at least coffee, drinks, pastries, etc during the day.

Overall not fancy but a convenient / efficient place to stay. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The hotel must have been renovated not that long ago. The rooms are updated and nicely done. Good sizes, with the bathroom folded back behind the bedroom, and separate bath/toilet and sink. Very thoughtful design. The whole hotel feels fresh and clean. It’s also close to mall and a lot of stores and restaurant, as well as freeway. Only a few minutes to downtown Winston-Salem.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Jennifer who runs the bistro every evening is amazing! She is gets our food and drinks out super fast while taking care of everything else all at the same time. Go visit her in the bistro she will take great care of you!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was in town for the Wake Forest University Homecoming and was fortunate to select this Hotel! The rate was very reasonable! I checked in with ease and walked into one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in! The decor was very attractive and felt fine walking barefoot on the wonderful carpet! The coffee center in the room was fully supplied with nice sized cups!
The staff was so very friendly and professional! Tevin booked my reservation and had a terrific phone manner! It was great getting to meet him on site as well!
Other staff that made my stay so special because of their comfortable way was
Kutashae, Faith, Teresa and Franklin! There were others on my floor in housekeeping too!
Thank you for making my stay the best! I will be back no doubt!

My best,