“My first Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Grays Landing

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
The Inn at Grays Landing
Ranked #1 of 1 Windsor B&B and Inns
Lake Norman, NC
“My first Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I traveled to historic Windsor to visit the home place of a famous ancestor with my brother and sister. I had never stayed in a B&B before but since we were going to visit an historic home, I decided that we would stay in one. If you are anywhere near the northeast coastal region of North Carolina and want to feel southern comfort and hospitality, The Inn at Gray's Landing is worth driving fifty miles out of your way to stay there. The beds were as comfortable as I have ever slept on and the sheets were like butter. The owner, Lynette went the extra mile to make extra special arrangements with us with local history mavens. I have eaten in five star restaurants all over the world and our breakfast was not only elegantly presented but was over the top yummy. The rooms are large and furnished with beautiful antiques. I rate the total experience as five star plus, plus, plus !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank opaljack
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Mateo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We went to Windsor since my grandmother grew up there. This inn is really charming in an old historic home. The rooms were gorgeous, the food great, and the innkeeper is very friendly as well. There is more than meets the eye in Windsor, with several nice walking trails, a free boat right down the Cashie (cash-eye) River on Saturdays, and a charming small farmer's market on Saturdays (with produce and local products!). The Cashie River Center (with a museum and where the farmers market is held) is a couple blocks from the inn. Don't miss Bunn's BBQ downtown for lunch. You can also get fresh peanuts at one of the peanut factories as well as downtown. Nearby Hope Plantation is very nice too. We also just enjoyed driving around the countryside at the farmland and homes. Downtown there is also a petting zoo for the kids that is very charming. We didn't get to make it to Sans Souci which is where there is a hand-drawn cable across the river (your car goes on a platform), but it sounds cool. We found in this town if you engage the locals you'll find out a lot more about this town and what it has to offer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alliemacq
cambridge, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

If you are anywhere near Windsor, NC (even if you have to go a bit out of your way it would be worth it). stop at the Inn at Grays Landing.We have experinced B & B's in other countries and in many states here.This inn is in a class by itself. It has spacious rooms,beautifully appointed, a breakfast that is truly a gourmet experince and a host that is friendly and helpful.
No detail is missing

Arlene Holzman

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank escarousel
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

This was our first B and B in North Carolina and turned out ot be one the of the best and in hindsight also the best value. They were understandably distracted by a recent devastating flood, but nevertheless we would recommend it. Dining opportunities in Windsor are limited, so be prepared to drive out to eat.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tomlmartin
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

I had to travel to Plymouth to visit my Grandmother and all of the hotels in Plymouth and Williamston were full so my significant other suggested I look for a Bed and Breakfast. I am so glad my search pulled up The Inn at Grays Landing.

First of all I have a great interest in history and this house was built in 1790. Enough said.

We were originally booked for the George Washington Capehart Suite (it has a Jacuzzi) but shortly before our arrival we were asked if we would mind switching the Capehart Suite for the Elisha Rhodes Room. The lovely lady who had originally booked the Rhodes room had rheumatoid arthritis and the Jacuzzi tub was more safe for her than the shower of the Rhodes room.

I had no problem switching rooms sight unseen (I've had a herniated disc before, I felt her pain).

The Elisha Rhodes Room was wonderful!! The color and decor created a relaxed atmosphere. The brass bed was soft and heavenly!! And the steam shower, where one (well, two heehee) are hit by water from 3 walls and are enveloped by steam?!

Simply orgasmic!!

Breakfast was fabulous! A nap was required after consuming that. From what we've heard dinner here is just as great. We look foward to sampling more of the fare here.

We highly recommend the Inn at Grays Landing. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingWithMyLove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
24.5 km away
31.3 km away
Inner Banks Inn
Inner Banks Inn
#2 of 8 in Edenton

Been to The Inn at Grays Landing? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK