“Don't believe everything you read” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Wilmington

Red Roof Inn Wilmington
Ranked #41 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Don't believe everything you read”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I normally don't write reviews, but thought I needed to. We are a family of 3. Lived in Wilmington for 2 years, and we came back this past weekend to visit and do some diving. I was nervous when my husband said we we staying here, based on the reviews that I read. Don't believe them. You can tell that management is trying to better the hotel. The first room we checked into has just had the carpets cleaned and the rug was wet. In less then a minute they had us in a new room. The room was clean, had a fridge and microwave. Only bad thing I would say on room is it is not 2 queen beds, but 2 full size beds. But not a problem for us. Breakfast had 3 choices of cereals, 4 different pastries, muffins, and 3 different bagel options. With juice, coffee and tea. Which worked just fine for us and saved us $20 from having to eat breakfast out. If that's not enough choices waffle house is right next store, so is chick fil a.

For those reading reviews, this isn't a 5 star Marriott, but for the price and location it is great. Close to beach and downtown.

The housekeeper even made up my daughters bed all nice and pretty with her blankets, pillow and dolls the one morning. Every time we walked past an employee they were very polite. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I am a Red Roof RediCard member and I always stay at Red Roof Inns whenever possible. I have stayed at this particular location several times before whenever I am in Wilmington to visit the USS NORTH CAROLINA. However, in the two years that I have stayed here; it has gone straight downhill. I checked in late Saturday night (22-October-2011). While bringing my belongings into the first floor room #121; I witnessed drug use in the parking lot and other riff-raff walking about. People were partying loudly and were constantly going in and out of rooms. I stopped one guy from stealing an orange traffic cone near a parked truck.
When I woke up Sunday morning, I got out of the shower to find that there were absolutely no towels and wash cloths in the room and bathroom! I had to air dry. Maybe I should have noticed this when I first checked into the room (#121), but it was late and I was tired. I also took it for granted that there would be towels. When I saw housekeeping at another room; I politely told her the situation, but she looked at me like I was from Mars. The desk staff was not much more helpful, but I finally got towels for the next day.
There was also a cockroach walking on the wall, rusty towel racks and fittings, and the kleenex container fell out of the wall. I photographed all of the aforementioned and they are posted here. When I brought all these issues up to the desk staff during check-out; they should not have charged me for at least Saturday night (the first of my two night stay). But I did not suggest it and they certainly did not make any offers to do so, or any apologies either. Beware of this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
james w, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilmington, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your stay October 2011. I want to apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I assure you that our guests’ safety and comfort is of great concern to our entire staff. We take all of your issues seriously and have an extensive room program to maintain our rooms in top condition. Please call me if you would like to discuss your experience further.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Great beds! Room furniture could use an upgrade but the beds make up for it by far! Decent location - Target plaza across street. Great staff.

• Stayed March 2012
Stem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We were looking for a hotel that would accept my pet and not charge an additional non refundable fee. We love driving to the coast for a weekend Pad-a-cure for out pet. It is only 3 hours from our home but we don't always want to make it a long day trip. This hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and they had a decent cup of coffee and breakfast. It was also very quiet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Misty Mae S
Astor, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

We were back in Wilmington and when we are in town we have no problem staying here. As I mentioned in previous reviews we like the pet policy that Red Roof Inns have.
This property has never disappointed us. The rate is reasonable, the room is clean, the shower works very well and what I also noticed this time was how quiet the room was. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. In the closet was an iron and an ironing board, something we had no use for but if someone need it, it was there.
The next time we are in Wilmington, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family