“Wait. What was I thinking?”

The Peppered Cupcake
Ranked #1 of 31 Dessert in Wilmington
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 4
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Peppered Cupcake is a gourmet cupcakery. Our mission is to provide even the most sophisticated palette with creative, exciting, irresistible, gourmet cupcakes that will give a whole new twist to the cupcake concept. Each of our gourmet cupcake recipes are baked fresh and from scratch daily using fresh ingredients. Off the hook! Our slogan is what inspires us to think outside of the box when it comes to our next creation. We are constantly inventing and reinventing our recipes to please our sophisticated Foodies. Our cupcakes are unique combinations inspired by some of our favorite dishes. Some sweet, some savory, some a combination of both. Southern influences have also made an impact by incorporating a Southern flare into some of our cupcakes such as the Sweet Tater & Molasses with pork cracklings. We also use liquors and liqueurs and sometimes they make it into the cakes;) Need we say more?
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I came to the Peppered Cupcake and didn't order
a " peppered" cupcake. What the heck? Not like me! I got dazzled by the other flavors, panicked, and "settled for" a sweet potato molasses cupcake. It was excellent cake. Moist and had an icing filling...two thumbs up. The frosting was smooth sweet potato, drizzled with black molasses. My wife got some chocolate on chocolate gizmo that she raved about, but I wasn't listening because I was inhaling my own cake as I fought to savor it...

And I missed my chance to get one of the cakes the placed is NAMED for! Fail, on my part. But rest assured that I will rectify that next time I visit Wilmington. I think the things cost about 4 dollars apiece. I'd give more, and I don't waste a lot of money! Cue up all 3 pepper flavors when I return! And maybe a chocolatey gizmo for the wife! Bananas Foster is happening, too...Can't wait to see you nice folks again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is easily one of the BEST cupcakes I've ever had. Puts some NYC joints to shame. Nice family establishment with some of the best cupcakes around. Wish I had more stomachs to enjoy it all, will be back when we return next year.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We wanted to do a food tour but were not available when it was offered. So, we created our own!!

Stop 5-Peppered Cupcake for dessert. I visited this shop about 2 years ago and was totally blown away by the flavors and freshness! Sadly, I was slightly disappointed in the cupcakes this time. I ordered Bourbon Pecan Pie and Blueberry Habanero cupcakes. The Bourbon Pecan Pie was good but no taste of Bourbon. Blueberry Habanero, very disappointing, no pop of heat and blueberries just didn't really have a taste. Additionally, the cake portion was a little dry. Not sure if I will stop here again.

Tabitha M, Owner at The Peppered Cupcake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Hi Katz, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am sadly disappointed you were not pleased this go around, but I do thank you for giving us another try. If you do decide to stop in again ask for Tabitha and we'll see that you leave happy:) Thanks!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We bought 3 flavors. All were great. Very moist and fresh! Lemon poppy, bourbon pecan pie and mango pepper. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Nice selection of cupcakes - was a great treat to start our vacation after lunch! Friendly service- attentive