“Fantastic food in Wilmington”

Rx Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rx Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 739 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the old Hall's Drugstore on 5th and Castle
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wilmington is overflowing with good, local places to eat. RX restaurant is among them. It's got pretty cool decor, but the food is awesome farm to table southern inspired cuisine. The ham and pimento cheese platter is a great appetizer. The shrimp and grits and chicken breast were both good, but the ice cream sandwich with brown butter cookies was awesome. The breakfast stout they had was also excellent.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent choice in flavors and good food. For once in a restaurant I had great balanced shrimp and grits.

So much to choose from and enjoy

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We are long time Wilmingtonians, with a daughter in the big city. While we are generally much more casual diners, when n NYC, we usually try a wide variety of good restaurants. Rx truly reminded me of several of these, but without over-crowded spaces, tables shared with strangers, and vulture-like groups waiting for your table. The food was excellent, adequate amounts, and too my budget, a little pricey for Wilmington. That said, Rx didn’t insult me with absurd prices for tiny quantities. At our table, we had two different chicken dishes, both excellent, and the Pork Belly over grits, also excellent. Truly one of the best meals I’ve had in Wilmington.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I know I am going against the grain but I was under-whelmed. The food didn't wow me, the portions were very small and didn't warrant the price. The atmosphere was nice and the wait staff were great. I am glad others enjoy, but I won't go back.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is a nice farm to table restaurant in the downtown area but not crowded during the tourist season, so if you’re a tourist, you should go here :)) The food was good and the portions were really large. It doesn’t seem like much from the outside but is very charming on the inside. Plus, there’s parking.