“Brunch”

Rx Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rx Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the old Hall's Drugstore on 5th and Castle
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Most enjoyable.
I rarely try Shrimp & Grits ..only because I make "the best" according to my guests.
Loved the oyster mushroom addition.
Good Bloody Mary, good app (pig ears) surprised myself! Tiny tea biscuits.
Friendly server.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We went to RX Friday evening and was very disappointed. This is the 2nd time in 2 months we have gone and now our last. We brought another couple who had never been and they too did not care for it. Shrimp and Grits were dry and tasteless. I think they must have been sitting out under heat for quite awhile. Sweet potato soup was not hot and very thick. More of a purée and not a soup. Grouper was so salty we did not eat it. Fried chicken dry and not hot at all. RX charges high dollars for less than average southern fare. I am assuming the owner was absent as I cannot believe he would have allowed food like that to be served. And BTW, drinks are $$$$ and the bartender needs some training. We ordered an old fashioned which came in a tiny glass with a minimal pour and a huge ice cube. Not the way a high end cocktail should be served. I would be very leery of going here given the quality associated with the prices.

2  Thank Guitarboy314
Reviewed 11 December 2017

You can tell this is a real "Locals Go To" as we were there at opening for brunch on Sunday 12/10/17 along with nearly 30 other people that appeared to know this place as regulars. Service was excellent. Strong, robust coffee. Shared the smoked chicken wings, cooked thoroughly. Could have used a little more smoke but just right for my wife. Sour dough French toast with blueberries was excellent. Shrimp and Grits - good but would have been better with cheese. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I chose this restaurant to celebrate my mother's birthday, while visiting the Wilmington area. We were able to receive a call in advance and the menu was customized to mention the celebration of the special occasion. The food and customer service provided is great. The biscuits are quite delicious and brunch options are decent. The only disappointing part of this visit was the full encouragement from the server for us to get dessert as we were celebrating this special occasion. In many fine dining restaurants, this would be a treat or comp to the guest, but at the end of our brunch, we were fully charged for the dessert. I didn't say anything, but it was kind of a let down. Other than such fact, it is worth trying out.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We had a great meal here. I had the Humble Roots Grilled Chicken which sounds boring, but it was amazing. Great service, look forward to going back when I am in Wilmington