“Wonderful atmosphere! Great seafood!! Fabulous staff!”

Fish Bites Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Go early. They have an app to be placed in the queue. We went at 4:00. Seated immediately. Had fresh catch blackened. Awesome! And, crab/shrimp cakes -broiled were very good. The waitstaff is excellent here. And...the desserts are super! Check out the case in the back! Manager made sure everyone was happy. Will be back for sure!!

1  Thank Katherine W

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Though we've vacationed in Carolina Beach the last 12 years and driven past this restaurant numerous times, its lack of curb appeal didn't cause us to eat there. Man, did we misjudge this book by its cover! Decided to eat here after reading its reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. In fact, we liked it so much after our first visit that we came back before going home. Seating is extremely limited as this place is located in a very small part of a strip mall and since part of the establishment is a bar. They do have call ahead seating and I definitely recommend that. The crab and shrimp dip appetizer my wife and I ordered was amazing, and the flounder that was on my dinner entree was huge! Also, the sandwiches we ordered during our first visit (at lunch time) were delicious. The staff were very kind and the manager was constantly interacting with the customers, making sure that everything was to their liking. Our only negative was opting for sitting at the bar on our first visit because there was no wait. Its tiny space magnified the air conditioning in that part of the restaurant and it was freezing cold. On our next visit we opted to wait however long was necessary to avoid sitting in that area again. You can't go wrong at Fish Bites. It's a definite winner and will be one of our regular stops on future visits to the area.

1  Thank GatorDWV
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Skip all the other seafood restaurants in Carolina Beach and come here instead. This place puts them to shame.

Everything was excellent. From the cinnamon-honey corn muffins to the main courses. All of it delightful.

The service is wonderful. Food is amazing. Won't be our last trip here!

1  Thank mth83vt
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We arrived around 5 pm for an early dinner, and glad we did because, by the time we were ready to leave, the place was packed. I ordered the shrimp and grits after our waitress described the preparation and that it was prepared a little different by having a grits cake. Well, let me tell you, it was the BEST shrimp and grits I've ever had, and I'm a true Southern gal. There was a very generous serving of shrimp, and the sauce was so yummy. I ordered the small portion, and it was plenty. Next time I'll order the large and take half of it home for a yummy treat the next day. My husband ordered grilled monk fish because it was the special for the night. Even though he said it was good, he tasted my shrimp and grits and said he'd order that next time. Forgot to mention how very reasonable the prices were too.

1  Thank GininNC
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We sat in the back at a table in bar area . I ordered the fish bites basket with flounder and it was very good we also had calamari appetizer and a cold beer . All was good will be eating here more often

1  Thank Coastalbld