America's Best Inn & Suites Wilmington
Red Carpet Inn(Wilmington)
Comfort Suites(Wilmington)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2016

filthy room, smelled horrible, roaches everywhere, rude staff, awful......was scared to stay the night.....ended up going to another place because it was disgusting......they didn't even apologize for the way the room was.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
AVakani, General Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Brenda C,

I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. I apologize that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Had the issues been reported to us during your stay, we would have gladly changed your room or addressed the issues immediately. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Roach roaches I had to shake and shake all my clothes out before I put them in my car !!! and the tub fill with water did not drain, the breakfast was horrible the pool did not work and was not very clean I had to do my own cleaning never again

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
AVakani, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Crystal W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Since we are an exterior property in the South, there are bugs which are native to the area which are commonly mistaken as roaches. We do have a licensed pest company which routinely treats the rooms. Our pool is closed in the Winter months. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

This place has a lot of bad reviews ,but my Oct.2015 stay was very pleasant.It's in a good location not far from downtown,is beautifully landscaped with lots of greenery including palmettos,live oaks,and azaleas.Parking directly in front of every room,no steps.My room was clean,comfortable,and quiet with tv,fridge,microwave,coffee maker,overhead heater in the bath.It even had a nice soft upholstered chair with an ottoman and actual lightbulbs.There were some minor cosmetic issues(chipped paint)but nothing serious.No problems with the staff.Modest continental breakfast included.One of the nicest budget hotels I've stayed at.But bring your own soap.I never expect much from budget hotel soap but this soap was absolutely impervious to water.It could last for decades if you could do without suds.Maybe you have to soak it in hot water overnight.

Room Tip: The front unit faces a busy street but the back unit is quiet and secluded and faces a lawn with shade trees and picnic tables.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear skybluepink K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to provide clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Very rude night staff, blood stains on the comforter, mold all over shower curtain and stood in my own water while showering since tub wouldn't drain. I've been home 3 days and am still waiting for the owner to call me with my concerns since the front desk clerk could not help me when I checked out earlier than anticipated due to the issues.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear mindcrime32,

I am very concerned about the issues you described in your review. I do apologize for taking so long to respond. We do our best to provide each of our guests with an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately we fell short of our goal. Rest assured, we will address the maintenance and housekeeping issues so that future guests are not affected.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Dreadful experience! Visiting Wilmington deserves staying in a more decent place. The bed was unsleepable. The pillows like stones and the mattress like a broken inflatable bed. Room dusty and neglected. The air conditioner made us feel like sleeping in a factory. Not only was it noisy, but it blew a constant wind to the bed. If you turned it off, you started sweating immediately. And don't think about opening windows... The only good thing about the bathroom was a weird heating lamp, like for breeding chicken eggs. I wouldn't be sure the drain has absorbed my shower yet. Breakfast was at its most miserable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple