Hampton Inn Wilmington Downtown(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 148/night.

US$ 140
Hampton.com
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 141
Homewood
US$ 153
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 236
Hotel Riverwalk(Wilmington)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 157
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2015

This place has a lot of bad reviews ,but my Oct.2015 stay was very pleasant.It's in a good location not far from downtown,is beautifully landscaped with lots of greenery including palmettos,live oaks,and azaleas.Parking directly in front of every room,no steps.My room was clean,comfortable,and quiet with tv,fridge,microwave,coffee maker,overhead heater in the bath.It even had a nice soft upholstered chair with an ottoman and actual lightbulbs.There were some minor cosmetic issues(chipped paint)but nothing serious.No problems with the staff.Modest continental breakfast included.One of the nicest budget hotels I've stayed at.But bring your own soap.I never expect much from budget hotel soap but this soap was absolutely impervious to water.It could last for decades if you could do without suds.Maybe you have to soak it in hot water overnight.

Room Tip: The front unit faces a busy street but the back unit is quiet and secluded and faces a lawn with shade trees and picnic tables.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
AVakani, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear skybluepink K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to provide clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Regards,
Arvind-GM Americas Best Inn-Wilmington, NC

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Very rude night staff, blood stains on the comforter, mold all over shower curtain and stood in my own water while showering since tub wouldn't drain. I've been home 3 days and am still waiting for the owner to call me with my concerns since the front desk clerk could not help me when I checked out earlier than anticipated due to the issues.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Dear mindcrime32,

I am very concerned about the issues you described in your review. I do apologize for taking so long to respond. We do our best to provide each of our guests with an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately we fell short of our goal. Rest assured, we will address the maintenance and housekeeping issues so that future guests are not affected.

Regards,
Arvind-GM Americas Best Inn-Wilmington, NC

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Dreadful experience! Visiting Wilmington deserves staying in a more decent place. The bed was unsleepable. The pillows like stones and the mattress like a broken inflatable bed. Room dusty and neglected. The air conditioner made us feel like sleeping in a factory. Not only was it noisy, but it blew a constant wind to the bed. If you turned it off, you started sweating immediately. And don't think about opening windows... The only good thing about the bathroom was a weird heating lamp, like for breeding chicken eggs. I wouldn't be sure the drain has absorbed my shower yet. Breakfast was at its most miserable.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Everything was clean and spacious, the rooms may not be brand new but are well kept and the owners and staff cared about your stay, going out of their way to tell you about the things to do and even the little local spots you might not have known about. My hubby and I went back the next time we were in town and we will be back again when we go to town again.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms closest to the office
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andreann G
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I needed a "cheap" hotel for an overnight golf outing while in Wilmington. At $59, this was the cheapest hotel in the area. Since I travel a lot on business and stay in a lot of hotels, I expected a $59 hotel to be rundown... and it met my expectations. The outside appearance was awful. Fortunately my room had clean sheets and wasn't too dusty. The window air conditioner was directly in front of the bed. When it came on you froze and when it shut off you would start sweating.

By the way, it offered a free continental breakfast but I wouldn't eat it.

Room Tip: Only stay here if it's too hot or cold to sleep in your car!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo