See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I needed a "cheap" hotel for an overnight golf outing while in Wilmington. At $59, this was the cheapest hotel in the area. Since I travel a lot on business and stay in a lot of hotels, I expected a $59 hotel to be rundown... and it met my expectations. The outside appearance was awful. Fortunately my room had clean sheets and wasn't too dusty. The window air conditioner was directly in front of the bed. When it came on you froze and when it shut off you would start sweating.

By the way, it offered a free continental breakfast but I wouldn't eat it.

Room Tip: Only stay here if it's too hot or cold to sleep in your car!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Did not want to book a hotel in advance since we were going to drive until it got dark. This has to be next to the worse places I have ever stayed. Belong to bonus club and could not get the discount because I could not find my card. They could not look up my information online. Had 2 beds but one was on top of the heater. People were standing around parking lot smoking and with doors open. The sink area was not clean. Hospitality was horrible. Only saving grace was the continental breakfast. It was ok. Could not wait to get out of that place.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor in the back of hotel. None of the rooms looked good.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Went on a 3 week roadtrip from orlando til NYC. This inn was one of the worst places i stayed at! And I have travelled all over the world. Staff was lazy and absolutely not serviceminded. the owner is probably trying to save as much money as possible since I had to ask about soap. Very dirty place! Wonder when it was the last time they cleaned the room. Found ratpoo in the room!! Also very thin walls. Heard the neighbors had a fight 3 in the morning....not the hotels fault though. Highly overpriced! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Granted this is a low price hotel, I don't expect to be treated as a queen. Overslept and got a phonecall, our mistake. But at 11:05, we were in the process of packing up when a lady knocks and tells us that it is time to go and she will "be back in 10 min." We apologize & begin to leave.

She returns, 1. opens the door without knocking 2. rudely tells us "it's time to get out" and 3. STANDS IN THE DOORWAY WATCHING US UNTIL WE LEFT.

WORST ATTITUDE & WHOEVER THIS LADY WAS THE RUDEST employee.

for a cheap hotel, go across the street to the CAROLINIAN INN.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hava S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The front desk representative was friendly and efficient. The motel has a vintage flair, the pool was perfect and the landscaping well maintained. The room was big and as clean as you can get a vintage motel room. It is a solid brick building with real wood and real ceramic tiles, I wore flip-flops so didn't experience the black foot others claim. The breakfast was exactly what you get at any continental breakfast buffet. There is a popular Indochine restaurant, some antique shopping and a superb seafood establishment called 'Mikes Kitchen" across the street. I would stay there again for the price, vintage vibe, food and location.

Room Tip: If you are high maintenance you need to pay a $$$ price and stay elsewhere - then critique them accordingly online. This is a $$ price motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business