“Great Addition to the Uptown Wilmington dining Experience!”

True Blue Butcher and Table
Ranked #196 of 741 Restaurants in Wilmington
Description: Reservations can be made at: https://www.usereso.com/book/restaurant/true-blue-butcher-and-table?idApp=67950
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here a number of times since it opened - lunch, small plates dinner at the bar and traditional sit down dinner - and I have never been disappointed. The food is inventive, the staff is knowledgeable and efficient and the setting is cosmopolitan. This last time two of us had small plates and the other three had traditional appetizer/entree dinners. All our dishes were wonderful, but the standout this time was the Pecan Smoked Chicken. WOW! Moist and luscious like I have never tasted before. A quality bird cooked to absolute perfection. Don't misunderstand the other dishes were great and the accompaniments/sides/condiments were so interesting and complimentary. True Blue is definitely a place to try. The food is exceptional!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We visited True Blue for the first time with 2 other couples for a birthday dinner. The service was 5 star. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and happily made recommendations and customizations for our picky group :-) we ordered several appetizers (beef and Brussels, Nicoise salad, crab cake - all were amazing but the crab cake and Brussels were insanely good!). The craft cocktails were unique and so good - I particularly liked the Lavender one. For entrees most of us had the Throwback Filet or Prime Ribeye by the inch (pick your own steak and cut to your choice of thickness) topped with the shrimp and crab Bernaise sauce... seriously delicious. For dessert they even put a candle in the birthday girls flourless chocolate cake, also delicious. We dine out frequently and this place is now on our favorites list. If you want an elegant experience and an amazing steak, this is the best place in town!

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Tonight was our first time dining here- our only regret was not coming sooner. Our entire experience tonight was exceptional. Our server, Will, was right on the spot with everything we needed- he offered suggestions and pairings, he was extremely accommodating and fun to work with. The food was outstanding! This is the part where i don’t have adequate words to describe- the food was incredible...Incredible! We are talking locally sourced, creatively designed, precisely prepared, beautiful and delicious food. We had a party of 6 and each of us were blown away by how good our meals were. We ordered menu items but almost each one of us made unique changes. This was no challenge for Chef Kevin- he met each request and provided 6 exceptional meals. We tried to order a little of everything- i can’t recall the menu item names but i will not soon forget how good everything was. We just can’t wait to get back! The True Blue team killed it tonight- Thank you!!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My spouse and I visited True Blue for the first time on July 4th for lunch. Initially as the only customers, we had a useful and delightful conversation with our server and the barkeep. Our lunch was absolutely first rate. My wife had the burrito and I had the brisket sandwich. The portions were so generous we ended sharing, she had half of my sandwich and I had half of her burrito. As I said, this was our first visit. It will not be our last, for sure. A great addition to the neighborhood!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

This was hands down one of the best dining experiences I’ve had in the last year. My starter was white gazpacho and I can’t even describe how all the flavors worked together. Our 12oz steaks weighed a solid pound! The atmosphere is sophisticated without being stuffy. We were there on a Tuesday and they weren’t very busy. If Wilmington knew how good this place was, they would come out on a Tuesday. Service was impeccable.