“Absolute must visit. ”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Every time we see family in Wilmington NC we plan a visit to Wasabi Sushi. It is wonderful, tasty and fresh. Love the crab salad, "in & out salmon roll", tuna and everything else we have tried on the menu. For our 7 year old non-sushi eater the chicken katsu(?) is fantastic. Owner and staff run a terrific restaurant. Wish we were in town more often, we'd be there every week.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This was my second visit to Wasabi. Fist with my daughter who raved about the quality and how she enjoyed the experience. We sat at the sushi bar and seemed to sample a bit of everything. Many things were on the house. My recent guests from New York were also impressed with their order and the generosity of the portions. Again, many extras on the house. The atmosphere is pleasant and the folks could not be more friendly and accommodating. This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Sushi is not my "cup of tea", so I wouldn't know a good sushi from an OK sushi. My wife, however, tried the sashimi and said it was really good. I always order the Gyoza as an appetizer and the vegetable tempura as my main course. The Gyoza is fried and tastie .. the Tempura is light and crunchy. Oh and if I,m really hungry the Miso soup is pretty good too. Will not be long before I go back again.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I stopped in with my wife for dinner. My wife ordered Bulgoki, (she said it was a little salty and pricy $18.95), but came with a large ginger salad and a miso soup my wife said was excellent. I ordered an Ika Salad, $7.95 (smoked squid and mountain vegetables with spicy sauce which was excellent) and a Cherry Blossom Roll for $13.95 which is a California roll wrapped in fresh tuna & topped with spicy crab salad. It sounded really good, but I'll never know because it never showed up. I should have suspected something when they brought my wife's salad, but not mine. Then they brought her Miso and still no salad for me. Only when they brought her Bulgoki did my salad show up. We both finished and waited about 15-20 more minutes before I got her attention, as she walked up, she said, "weren't you supposed to have a roll?" I said yes, and she said she didn't know why they don't have it. I cancelled it at that point and just asked for the check.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I lived in Asia for a few years and during that time I had some of the best noodles, sushi, and food I have ever had the pleasure of eating (I also had some of the worst, but that is a different story). Wasabi Sushi was pretty spot on with some of the food in Asia in terms of authentic taste.

I came with some friends and I ordered a simple order of assorted sushi and it was made fresh (you do not always get that at these types of places) and it was presented well. This place is a bit on the pricy side, but at least the food backs up the cost by being really good and fresh.

I also had some salad which was very good and a crab meat salad which was very good. My friends thought it was spicy, but my spicy threshold is up there with Indians so I didn't taste any spice.

I ordered the veggie udon and the noodles were very good and so was the broth. I would have liked some different veggies in there besides spinach and mushrooms, but it was still good. It was only $10, but it was a pretty big bowl.

The service was very good as well. This place was really tasty.