“Been back to Wasabi (3) times”

Wasabi Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 744 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Sushi is not my "cup of tea", so I wouldn't know a good sushi from an OK sushi. My wife, however, tried the sashimi and said it was really good. I always order the Gyoza as an appetizer and the vegetable tempura as my main course. The Gyoza is fried and tastie .. the Tempura is light and crunchy. Oh and if I,m really hungry the Miso soup is pretty good too. Will not be long before I go back again.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

I stopped in with my wife for dinner. My wife ordered Bulgoki, (she said it was a little salty and pricy $18.95), but came with a large ginger salad and a miso soup my wife said was excellent. I ordered an Ika Salad, $7.95 (smoked squid and mountain vegetables with spicy sauce which was excellent) and a Cherry Blossom Roll for $13.95 which is a California roll wrapped in fresh tuna & topped with spicy crab salad. It sounded really good, but I'll never know because it never showed up. I should have suspected something when they brought my wife's salad, but not mine. Then they brought her Miso and still no salad for me. Only when they brought her Bulgoki did my salad show up. We both finished and waited about 15-20 more minutes before I got her attention, as she walked up, she said, "weren't you supposed to have a roll?" I said yes, and she said she didn't know why they don't have it. I cancelled it at that point and just asked for the check.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I lived in Asia for a few years and during that time I had some of the best noodles, sushi, and food I have ever had the pleasure of eating (I also had some of the worst, but that is a different story). Wasabi Sushi was pretty spot on with some of the food in Asia in terms of authentic taste.

I came with some friends and I ordered a simple order of assorted sushi and it was made fresh (you do not always get that at these types of places) and it was presented well. This place is a bit on the pricy side, but at least the food backs up the cost by being really good and fresh.

I also had some salad which was very good and a crab meat salad which was very good. My friends thought it was spicy, but my spicy threshold is up there with Indians so I didn't taste any spice.

I ordered the veggie udon and the noodles were very good and so was the broth. I would have liked some different veggies in there besides spinach and mushrooms, but it was still good. It was only $10, but it was a pretty big bowl.

The service was very good as well. This place was really tasty.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I am a sushi lover from NY and have tried just about every place in town. I was discouraged until a friend recommended Wasabi. To my delight the sushi was delicious. There is definitely an art to it and they do it right here. The owners are also very nice people - just an added bonus!

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Wasabi Sushi is located off College Road in the far end corner of a strip mall but don't let first impressions fool you. Make no mistake the sushi served here by very friendly personnel is definitely first class and well presented. Besides sushi we also had Korean beef and sizzling teriyaki shrimps which were both delicious. Wether you live in the vicinity or just visiting from out of town this little pearl is definitely a must visit while in Wilmington, NC