All reviews wrightsville beach indoor pool room was clean king suite convenient location the breakfast area waffle maker waffles decent breakfast free breakfast would stay here again checking in stayed one night front desk staff first floor nice stay hot breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had a good stay at this hotel. It wasn't great or amazing, but we got some pretty affordable rates, so we were happy. This place is a little older, and probably in need of some upgrades (what WAS that smell in the elevator, anyway??? reminded me of sweaty hockey equipment...ewww).

The room was clean - but interestingly lacked any sort of decor - and lacked a fridge - HUH? That was pretty inconvenient.

I must say that the location was quite ideal - close to the beach and to the riverwalk area.

The breakfasts were okay - the coffee was simply horrible, but most hotel coffee is.

Would I come back? No. But then again, I probably wouldn't visit Wilmington again anyway, so there you go.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Pokee,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback very much and are aware that our property is beginning to show it's age. We will be undergoing a renovation this winter that will address a number of items that you mentioned, including a mini-fridge in every guest room! We are very excited about our upcoming improvements and I hope that if you do visit Wilmington again, you give us the chance to show you that we are much more than your average Fairfield!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

You learn to expect a certain quality from a hotel chain. This hotel is just what you expect.
A little surprised there is no refrigerator but it's ok.
Looking forward to their full hot breakfast.
On the road almost two weeks and different hotels for most of the nights. Clean and quiet is a treasure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

PonyMimi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your compliments as we too feel that clean and quiet is a treasure. I do want to let you know that we will be undergoing a renovation this winter that will include the addition of refrigerators in all of our guest rooms! Again, thank you for reviewing your experience and thank you for staying with us! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel reception and lounge look modern and upto date. Unfortunately the suite we had was tired and in very much need of renovation. After saying that it was clean and had all the amenities you would need. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate serving both hot and cold food with a good selection. This hotel also has an indoor pool. Didn't go in so cannot comment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank royandavis
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Royandavis,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you found your accommodations to be clean and our staff friendly! We are aware that we are an aging property and in need of some upgrades, which is why I am very happy to let you know that we will be undergoing a renovation this winter! We are very excited for the upcoming improvements to our property and hope that you will come back and see us once complete! Again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Hotel is located conveniently to the beach and restaurants. The beach is approximately a ten minute drive and numerous restaurants are just a minute or two. The hotel itself is ok, nothing special. It is clean and the staff is helpful. Internet was slow or none existent. Seating in the room is very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve W
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Steve W,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We strive for excellence when it comes to our guests and I regret that we were unable to exceed your expectations. While I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff helpful I would love to know how we could have changed your 3 to a 5! I hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on any future visits to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel should be removed from Marriotts franchise - very dirty, musty, moldy shower curtain, full of roaches and down and out greasy with water stains on the roof... I'm a Marriott platinum elite, and president property owner. I will be submitting a refund as it was dirty. Saying all of this the staff was friendly but don't stay here!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Flyby0161
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Flyby0161,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apology for the issues that you encountered while staying with us. We take our commitment to offer our guests a clean and comfortable place to stay very seriously and I regret that we fell short of our goal and your expectations in your instance. I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this remains an isolated incident. Your experience with us is not indicative of our usual guest experience and my hope is that you give us the opportunity to better serve you on any future travels to the Wilmington area