“Great service, innovative and tasty small plates!”

Grand Cru Food & Wine
Ranked #143 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Ostensibly a wine bar, it also serves great small plates from appetizers to main dishes. The extensive selection of wines is very good, also featuring a wide range of by-the-glass generous pours. Our server was very well informed and pleasant, keeping track of our every need. We ate al fresco on a cool night but were warmed by a small tableside fire pit. Good date night!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were two couples for dinner. We began at an outdoor table, but it soon became obvious, not just to us but to the management as well, that the mosquitos were gaining the upper hand. Staff immediately asked us if we wished to move indoors, which we did, and they were most commodious in moving us, even moving two tables for four into a single location for the four of us. We shared first rate cheese and meat plates, oysters, and the best lobster rolls I had ever tasted. And I am originally from New England!

Highlight of the evening was the visit of the chef to the table to enquire about our experience. Most delightful. The only negative was I found my green salad less than outstanding (which accounts for the 4 stars instead of 5), but I note that salads are not really their primary specialty . We shall definitely return frequently.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have passed this restaurant many times and have not stopped in because I am NOT a wine drinker. I prefer mixed drinks. I attended a tasting last night and the food was delicious - deviled eggs (on menu topped with caviar), mac & cheese and spinach/artichoke I'd ( not on menu- yet!). I glanced at the menu and saw some delicious tapas style items and the gin and tonic was perfect! I will surely go back. Take a look at their menu on line. They are on the back side of Lumina station.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This place has the most incredible food I've had in Wilmington. We've been here a few times now, so I can say that the food is consistently delicious. Grand Cru is great for small plates, and they have really high quality charcuterie options. Do yourself a favor and get the duck breast on your cured meat plate!

The other must have on the menu is the chef's dessert. Last time it was a whole mini Danish brie perched atop a house made bread pudding, covered in pears flambeed in a Riesling reduction. Chef David even came out to see how we were doing and tell us a little more about the ingredients!

The staff here are amazing too, everyone is so friendly and willing to make adjustments to ensure you have a wonderful experience. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank Juliakurz
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this place as a predinner drink spot to enjoy a drink or two. We both had a cocktail and hummus plate which were good. This is clearly a wine bar though and we're not wine connoisseurs so our judgement comes with that caveat. We visited around 6pm on a Saturday during the season and were surprised how slow it was. Service was good though since it was slow. We enjoyed and would visit again.