“A very good Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed at this property for three nights December 8-11. The room was a bit small but well appointed and very clean, with one king bed and a wonderful walk-in shower. (There are also rooms with tubs available, we found upon inquiry.) Sealed windows so we asked to have a noisy ventilation unit fixed, and this was done promptly the next day. The desk staff was friendly, responsive and knowlegeable re local eateries and features. The situation is quiet and off the main road with a garden in the middle of the buildings. There are two good restaurants within five minutes' walk and many within a ten minutes' drive. Buffet breakfast included a hot meat and egg dish as well as the usual assortment. We would return on our next Wilmington trip. One tip - DO NOT rely on your GPS to guide you beyond the immediate area of the hotel; for some reason the entrance address is not recognized and if this is your first time in the area - especially at night - download the printed directions on the hotel's website; these are accurate.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 December 2011

This was not my first stay at this property but was the first stay that I had any problems and to my dismay, my issue was not handled properly. Upon returning to the hotel after dinner, I saw a man standing by the back door and noticed him watching me as I entered the building and went into my room which was located just inside the door on the ground floor. I changed clothes and then went to the fitness room. When leaving the fitness room, I passed the man in the hall in which he turned and followed me, stopping to watch me enter my room. I felt uneasy and called the front desk and told them about him in which I was told they would check it out. I went to the door and watched down the hall thru my peephole and saw him following another lady to see her enter her room and then walk away. Immediately after I observed this, my room phone rang and the desk clerk says that they have looked and didn't find anyone to his description. I then tell him what I just observed and he then tells me that the man was a guest there but he would see what he needed. I continued to watch out the peephole for an hour and a half seeing the man continuously walk the halls carrying a water bottle and looking at doors as he passed them. Needless to say, as a lone female traveler, I did not sleep much at all. Due to the lack of concern and follow up by the desk clerk, I will not stay here again. Hotel is not anything to be desired as much newer ones are available in the area and placement of this one will now likely breed fear as it is in a secluded area. Ladies beware of this one....

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Sjfrosty
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The room was clean, had all the extras a person needs for business travel, and was quiet (no traffic noice). I loved the new showers. They actually have decent water pressure and are roomy enough to turn around in.
The only thing I had a slight problem with were the pillows. They were so thick and overstuffed that I could not get comfortable with them. My neck actually hurt the next morning.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Beautiful hotel! Unique interior decor, gorgeous landscaping all around the hotel. Complimentary coffee/hot tea/sweet tea when we arrived. Very clean and neat. Great staff - polite and quick!
We had a kitchen suite - our 3 yr old "camped" out on the sofa bed and my husband and I had the king bedroom. LOVED that we could close the door to the bedroom and enjoy privacy while our child went to bed at an early bedtime. Kitchen was clean and very practical. Had fridge, coffee maker, microwave, two-burner stove, complimentary popcorn, dishes, dish soap, cleaning cloth and dishwasher. Breakfast in the morning had nice options and varied every morning. Had the usual foods, plus make-it-yourself waffles, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns. Could have used more fresh fruit - only had apples, plus fruit salad. Oranges/bananas would have been nice.
Computer was easy access and easy to use. Very convenient to town and right next to the bridge to Wrightsville Beach. Next to a steak house and across from a cute shopping center with stores, restaurants and a grocery store.
We have stayed in many hotels in Wilmington, all in different areas (historic downtown, college area, beach), and this by far was the best - especially for the price!!

Room Tip: Our furniture was dated and dingy - you might want to ask for a more updated room (if they have any...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We traveled as a group of four to work at a special weekend event from Friday - Sunday and found the accomodations to be excellent and will definitely return there! We worked long hours and very much appreciated everything the hotel had to offer. The hotel is tucked back away from traffic, so it's a quiet spot. The beds were wonderfully comfortable so conducive to a very good night's sleep. The bathrooms were large enough to move around in with shower heads high enough for anyone. Rooms had flat screen TV's and free internet access. Breakfast was excellent - continental breakfast but also had omelets and bacon one day and scrambled eggs & turkey sausage the next. Lovely courtyard area for dining or just relaxing. Staff was extremely friendly. We saw them giving coloring books to children at breakfast on Sunday morning. Overall, we were extremely pleased and look forward to a return stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
2.1 km away
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
5.5 km away
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK