“Fine, mostly”

The Poacher & Partridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Poacher & Partridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Tudeley

Children's play area

But...

Not cheap
Food only OK

So I'd go again, because on balance it's very good, but it's still only (superior) pub grub, and to get five blobs from me that has to come at much sharper prices.

You may have fewer reservations than me, but seriously there's every reason to go and see for yourself.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve wanted to try this pub for a while as it had been recommended to me by a few people so I met some friends for lunch - the pub itself is lovely and the staff/service was good and attentive but what I go to a pub for overall is really good tasty food and I just didn’t get it here. I went for the prawn wrap with avocado, little gem and a chilli and lime mayonnaise but what was perfectly obvious as I took my first bite was that they had put butter on the wrap, why oh why? It wasn’t even good tasting butter, it was really not nice at all. The lime/chilli in the mayo was not existent and there was a total lack of seasoning and it was served with really big thick blond chips that had no flavour, thin crispy fries would have been so much more appealing. I wanted to love this place but if you can’t get a simple wrap right, there’s a problem and I’m sad to say I won’t be back.

2  Thank smittenkittenkent
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having enjoyed two good meals previously we thought it would be a good place for lunch on Easter Day. We chose the Sunday Roast. The vegetables were fresh & nicely cooked but the lamb was very tough & tasteless. We complained about this & the staff changed our choice to the beef without a quibble. The beef was less tough but equally tasteless - it just didn't taste like roast meat so we were rather disappointed. The sweets were good. So, out of 5, my scores would be service 5, vegetables & sweets 4, meat 2, ambience 4, value for money 3. Would we go there again? Yes. Would we have the Sunday roast? Definitely not.

1  Thank 2006Oz
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing pizza! Very welcoming with a great family vibe. Nice kids meal! tasty dishes! Service was good too:) prices are reasonable

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A tasty chicken burger and sweet potato fries, superfood salad and pork ribs. Good menu choices, decent prices, easy parking, nice setting and friendly, efficient staff.