All reviews room was clean event center spent one night here keurig coffee maker short stay main road staff was very friendly and helpful front desk staff outdoor pool exercise room wonderful stay would stay again king room each morning lobby nc walmart
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

A little disappointed there wasn't an indoor pool and hot tub, but the rooms are comfortable and updated and the breakfast is good. The lobby is updated and gym is suitable with all equipment functioning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I stay (almost) exclusively @ H/E. This stay was in conjunction with conference held on site so I predicate my future statements on the fact they were very busy and staff was minimal (holiday?). It was a challenge every morning to find plates, creamer, etc. and they constantly ran out of food (no matter what time). I managed to find plates (because no one was around) and was chided severely when the lady saw me looking for creamer and cups. We did not receive housekeeping on 2 out of 4 days and had to get our own towels. One housekeeper did come up to tell us she simply forgot our room and did go for coffee. I think the front desk could have been apologetic. The comforters/mattresses/pillows apparently have not been updated for quite some time. In summary, I will stay there again because of the conferences but I will say without hesitation in most parts, this H/E was below par of most others I've stayed in.

Room tip: All rooms offer same views/amenities
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hello MargieK91,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Wilkesboro and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the quality of service received, the condition of the room and your dining experience. Certainly, this is not the impression we want to leave our guest. This has been discussed with the team for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Convenient to a main road and restaurants & close to downtown. Hotel was ok: comfortable bed, clean room. Service was fine from the staff. Only there one night.
Not a new hotel, but it fit our needs. Fitness center was in good repair and clean.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Breakfast was good too. Would stay here again. It’s a little off the beaten path but close to several restaurants and Walmart. Staff was very friendly and helpful when the back door keyless entry quit working. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on May 11, 2018. My experience in the past with this hotel has been good until this last stay. I woke up scratching and soon discovered more than 30 bites on my back, arms, hands, legs and feet. We mentioned this to the front desk clerk and she said she would let them know. Since then there have been two emails sent and I have not heard anything back. The last email was sent on May 16th. I was told they would send me a copy of the pest inspection report. Again, I have not received anything. We will not be coming back to your hotel. Very poor customer service or should I say no customer service.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen K
Drew C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Karen,
I am very sorry that you feel that we have not responded to your issue. It is our goal to handle any complaints, especially insect complaints, promptly. Unfortunately, I did not receive your response to my original email. This morning I have emailed the response I received from the pest elimination service stating that no evidence of insects were found in your room. I hope this helps to ease your mind. We strive to provide all of our guest with the best possible experience while staying with us. I hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Warm Regards,