All reviews room was clean event center pancake machine spent one night here short stay main road staff was very friendly and helpful front desk staff southern hospitality king room lobby frig tub
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

We have stayed here at least two different times. The rooms are clean and a good size. Bathrooms and rooms are modern and updated. The lobby is clean with a nice fireplace for cold winter months. Continental breakfasts are descent. The location has a terrific view of the town below I would recommend and will stay again. The only thing I didn't like is the absence of a little fridge in every room. Everyone likes to have a place to keep a beverage cold.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Clara R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2015

Clara R

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Great location. Some restaurants at walking distance. Clean rooms and great beds, the customer service is excellent as well. Breakfast was awesome no doubt about it. I will definitely recommend this hotel if you planning to go up in the mountains.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Clara R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our guests comfort and enjoyment of our new facilities is very important to our entire staff. We are happy to hear we succeeded in our goal of every guest leaving with a smile. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

This is one of the nicest HI Express that I have stayed at. The rooms were super quiet and clean, beds comfy! comfy !!Good wifi , The staff was awesome, breakfast great!! Really a great stay, will return when in the area again. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Good location .. Awesome!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Clara R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us our goal is for every guest to leave with a smile. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay it really helps our entire team to know our guests are pleased with their efforts.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

This was my 10th time staying at this location since 2000 and last time I was here it was ok but that was prior to the updates which have improved the hotel on the surface. I wasn't expecting 4/5 star since this is only a Holiday Inn but it was good for being pretty much the only place within several city limits that had decent reviews. We stayed at this location this past weekend and unfortunately it is the closest thing to a real hotel in this city and that's not saying much. I was in town for a death in my family and while I did appreciate the fact that the small town vibe was present and they were nice enough to take off for the bereavement rate, I did not like having to call my bank at 11 pm Saturday night to have them release funds off my account. For some reason I was charged 2 times for different dates and my original stay was verified in an email but I had to adjust it because they didn't have the right date in their system. Then after speaking with the nice lady at the front desk who apologized, I wake up the next morning to be billed for a 3rd amount which was even more than the FIRST TWO amounts! Now my bank will only let them authorize the original amount and if it happens again my bank will automatically have to open a fraud investigation. Which I understand the confusion may be from the fact that my reservation wasn't keyed in correctly but this confusion can cost your guest extra hassle.
The turn down service was ok, I did have to kill a stink bug on the windowsill but thankfully I came prepared with bug spray. The bathroom floors could use some updating, I'm pretty sure they are the same ones from when I stayed here over 10 years ago. The room we stayed in was the King Exc suite and the mattress was comfy but our room was right next to the elevator so that's pretty much what we heard all night. The bathroom was good, shower water pressure however was way too powerful and they fail to warn you that if you let too much water get on the floor from forgetting to keep the shower curtain inside the tub you will flood the room directly below.
Breakfast was ok, really could only stomach the bacon, the so called pancake in a flash that Holiday Inn advertises proudly in their commercials was laughable as the pancakes were spongy and tasteless(probably not the fault of the hotels if this is what HI provides to all locations). The egg omelets could have been left somewhere else and we were unsure if the stuff inside them was Spam or not. The coffee was good and I liked how they always had some out for guests.
I did like the fact that they had a work out room with adequate equipment and the hotel was quite until the weekend but that is to be expected and even then with a bunch of kids staying it was still somewhat quite. I did like the ease of access to the rooms, free parking and free wi-fi which is always a plus. I would have given a higher rating but the bug and spotty cleaning were hard to not take into account. Overall decent for the price and location.

Room Tip: A room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

We appreciate your taking time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. We are sorry that you were not 100% satisfied but we are happy that you enjoyed some of our amenities. We will share your feedback with our team and use it to improve our guest experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We took a spontaneous and quick trip to the NC mountains in the Boone area. Since we couldn't get a reservation in Boone (peak season) we stayed at this hotel in Wilkesboro. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. First of all, it was not that far from Boone, only about 30 minutes away, and only 20 minutes to get on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We don't like crowds that much and this hotel got us far enough away to avoid all the hustle and bustle. We mainly wanted to see the mountains. The area surrounding this hotel had enough eating places to give us a good choice without having to drive around looking for something.
The hotel was spacious and inviting. The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. We got a good night's sleep. It was so quiet here. The staff was extremely friendly and nice. I didn't use the fitness room, but I peeked in. They had lots of nice equipment.
There were a lot of choices on the breakfast buffet, so whether you're on a low-carb diet or need fresh fruit, they have it. It was very good.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Clara R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay with us. Our goal is for every guest to leave with a smile and to know we succeeded is very important to our entire team. We appreciate your staying with us and hope you will return soon.