“Anniversary Trip to Waynesville”
Review of Chef's Table

Chef's Table
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Waynesville
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Raleigh
“Anniversary Trip to Waynesville”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had dinner at the Chef's table. The menu was wonderful!

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

charlotte, nc
“Fantastic Duck”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

loved the food! Great duck- can't remember when I have had better. Excellent wine selection and we asked for soemthing that was not on the regular wine list.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank dive4pam
“Fabulous dinner”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I was very skeptical when I read rave reviews about this restaurant; however, we decided to give it a try, and we were blown away. Believe the 5-star reviews. This place can hold its own against the best big-city food emporiums.

The young chef, Josh Monroe, is a genuine food and wine progedy. He uses the finest ingredients, much of it locally grown or raised, and turns out gustatorial delights. Every dish my wife and I tasted was outstanding. The wine list is extensive and sophisticated.

Our wait person was attentive and efficient. We dined there on a Tuesday evening so it wasn't extremely busy. I can't say how the service would be on a weekend night. Josh came by to check on us, and he was very personable.

The bottom line, don't miss Chef's Table if you find yourself anywhere in the vicinity of Waynesville, NC. You won't be sorry.

3 Thank aJetJockey
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The atmosphere, friendliness, food, preparation was EXCELLENT

Visited January 2012
1 Thank couldbeme1499
“Amazing!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

To say that this was the best place I have ever eaten at is a huge understatement. Our experience started when we called to make reservations (which is highly recommended). I asked the gentleman if there was a dress code since my Husband and I were coming from the golf course and his reply was "some people come in a tux, some come in shorts, it's whatever you're comfortable with." We were not treated any differently based on our attire. The 28 year old chef is also the owner and I will tell you he is an amazing cook (another understatement). Since they are only open for dinner, he is always the one making your food. We started with the calamari which came with something other than the traditional marinara; instead it came with a very creamy, delicious sauce made by the chef. Next, we shared a salad, I forgot the name of it but it was grilled, yes grilled, with bacon and a house dressing. Again, something different, mouthwatering, and delicious. For our main course, I had the chicken curry with a hint of coconut which came with asparagus and my Husband had the filet mignon both of which were so extremely mouth watering. The chicken that I had was the most tender chicken I have ever put in my mouth and the sauce on my dish was delicious. My Husband was nice enough to share a small bite of his meal and it was equally tasteful. Our server was phenomenal as well and very knowledgable but beware, he makes every dish sound great so if you're having trouble making up your mind he will make it harder. There were two other couples sitting in the front room with us and they were all raving about their dishes as well I highly recommend this restaurant! You will NOT be disappointed at all!!!!!!!!!

5 Thank mintert1