“Delicious Food. Delightful Service.”
Review of Cafe 50 on Main Street - CLOSED

Cafe 50 on Main Street
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Serving breakfast and lunch with local produce and fresh not frozen products. Menu includes biscuits and gravy, homemade corned beef hash, omelets, french toast, quiche, burger, BLT, Reuben, Stuffin Turkey, hand-cut fries, soups, salads and daily dessert. Cleanest restaurant in Waynesville. Open for Sunday Brunch 9 am to 2 pm offering selected breakfast & lunch items all day, Monday,Tuesday,Friday & Saturday 9 am to 2:30 pm serving breakfast and lunch. Come enjoy our casual and friendly environment with original local artists' work displayed on our walls.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stopped in with my mom for lunch on 8/27. We both enjoyed the lentil soup and BLT. The food was delicious. Nora was a delight to converse with. The food did seem a little overpriced for the portions. There are so many wonderful restaurants in Waynesville and quite a few focus on using fresh, local ingredients, so I'm not sure the price is justified for the quality and portions. I might go back when I'm in the area, but I'll try a few more lunch spots first.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 50 on Main Street

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I've reviewed previously, and while in the area again thought I would give Cafe 50 another try. This time we brought some friends, and all of us left quite disappointed. The reason I gave it an average rating was due to the cleanliness of the restaurant, and friendliness of our server. Otherwise, would be below average. The concept is excellent - locally sourced foods, never frozen, limited menu (assuming to make everything excellent) - unfortunately, the execution of the idea is just not measuring up. Patty melt - tiny ground beef patty, overcooked, very little flavor. Bratwurst - overcooked, dry, no bun. Soup was good, salad small but fresh. Tomato pie (special of the day) was soggy and lacked flavor. Side of home-made fries, excellent flavor, but, we each only got about 5 or 6 shoestring fries, definitely not enough of the one really good item. Prices are reasonable, but, I just don't see it as worth the time when there are so many other excellent places nearby.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

It is a nice spot for a quick soup and salad or sandwich. Several friends had breakfast here and loved it.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I were vacationing in Asheville, and decided to do a little exploring west of the city.
We ended up in Waynesville, about 20 miles away, and decided to tour around Main Street. I saw the Cafe 50 featured on an area map, so when I saw it, we decided to give it a try.

My first impression going in to the place was "it's too clean." That might be odd, but the floor was immaculate. I noticed also on the wall that the place was given a 100 score by the state.

We were given a friendly welcome and some recommendations by Nora, our waitress. I had the Reuben , and I think my wife had a chicken sandwich. The waitress made sure we were happy with our selections, and then we got tho look at the local art on the walls. Local artists put their pictures out for customers to see and possibly buy if interested.

Both our sandwiches were tasty, with a pickle and fries (which were less greasy than most fries I have eaten!) and Nora took very good care of us, checking to make sure everything was OK.

We both enjoyed ourselves and felt very good about our experience. If we are ever in Waynesville again, I would not hesitate considering the Cafe 50 again.

Great job!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

A great location for brunch or lunch, Cafe 50 won't offer unlimited options, but everything on the menu is cooked to perfection. Coming from someone who isn't a big dessert person, you must cap off a great meal with one of their great slices of pie. Quality ingredients and a very friendly staff make this a great stop when in downtown Waynesville.