“Great BBQ at good prices”

Fat Buddies Ribs & Barbecue
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Waynesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We were recommended to Fat Buddies by our hotel desk. We were glad we took the advice. Super service and excellent BBQ. We had the baby back ribs, really yummy. Nothing to complain about, highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Nice place to eat because the food and service is always great at an affordable price. This restaurant is clean too. There is usually a line on weekends, the secret is out. Also plenty of parking

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018

My husband and I had heard about this place from a friend who moved to the area recently. After a hiking trip that morning, we had a hankering for some good BBQ. This place did not disappoint! We went for an early dinner and both had the BBQ ribs and they were very tender, falling off the bone almost. These are "wet" ribs. So if you like sauce, you'll like the ribs. My husband, who is very picky about his BBQ and sauces, loved these! He ate his rack and half of mine! Of course, I knew the place was good as soon as I took a bite of my slaw. It was awesome. A place that can make good slaw is tops in my book. I also had fries, which were good, and my husband had the baked beans, which were also good. We both had water to drink, but loved the fact that it was served in a large glass so we weren't having to ask for refills constantly. This is also a rather large place, so if you were looking for a good place to take a large group of people, Fat Buddies could definitely accommodate. I'm not sure if they take reservations, but there seemed to be a lot of "waiting room," so I'm guessing the place gets busy during the dinner rush hours. Overall, good BBQ, not too expensive, easy to get to and service was great. I would definitely go back and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We stop here every year we visit family in Maggie. This time we just drove right to the restaurant before our families house. Lol. Ribs amazing. Pulled anything. Yum! Kids even dived in this year. Collard greens and slaw perfect. They know how to do it right.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

My husband & I stopped by to grab something to eat as were heading back home to SC. We got the Big ‘Un BBQ sandwich with fries & a lunch combo platter Brisket/BBQ chicken Baked Beans & MAC/Cheese...well BBQ was very dry & instead of a regular bun it was on Texas toast bread with garlic butter flavor which with the sauce on the BBQ took away from an actual BBQ sandwich & Brisket was very very dry had no flavor like it was cooked days before & reheated. Baked beans & fries were good Mac/Cheese was out of a Kraft box. Sauce was Calltemans nothing homemade about anything there. I can say we tried it once & won’t be going back.