“Great Cakes, Friendly Staff”
Review of Pheasant Hill - CLOSED

Pheasant Hill
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great selection of gourment cakes by the slice. Ice cream and cold drinks available too. The dessert/coffee bar is in a furniture store filled with great pieces that are unique and one-of-a-kind. Staff and owner are very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

A different concept for sure--a furniture and home decor store combined with a coffee shop/bakery/fudgery (is that a word?)! But it works, and well. Wonderful place to check your email and have a gourmet coffee and a slice of mile-high cake or an ice cream when your feet get weary of walking the sidewalks of Waynesville. A little on the expensive side, but hey, you only live once!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

What a happy accident it was that brought me to Pheasant Hill. I wasn't planning on getting anything more than a coffee on a chilly day on my Saturday afternoon while shopping with my family when I fell upon Pheasant Hill. The cakes in the display really beckon to you and I had two customers behind me in line recommend the cakes before I even made my order which was supposed to be only a couple of coffee drinks. Our party indulged in the Orange cake and the Dulce de Leche cake with two Latte's as well and we completely blown away. Fresh, moist, and vibrant flavors in each cake slice and a good value for the slice as well. It was an easy decision to make a 10 mile detour the following day to Waynesville to get more slices to go on the way back from our mountain weekend.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We visited Waynesville in November for the first time and found Pheasant Hill when we parked on the street right in front of it. When we returned in late January, we all knew we would have to visit Pheasant Hill for the dessert. We had eaten a light breakfast in our Chalet in Sky Valley before driving to Dillsboro and Waynesville so we wanted an early lunch. We decided what the heck, we would eat dessert and coffee first and shop then have lunch. We already knew we could only get half a piece of the large pieces of cake down and we needed to put the remainder back in the car before shopping and having a later lunch. We all had different cakes or pies and were as delighted with the selection this trip as before. Lemon cake is still my favorite but deep dish pecan pie was enjoyed by my friend as well as a black and white layer cake and another variety that fails my memory after my sugar overload. The coffee was superb and freshly brewed as we waited. The large shop in the bakery and coffee shop holds surprises of quilts, home decor, clothing, accessories, costume jewelery, furniture, candles, and more. You could honestly spend half a day or more in Pheasant Hill browsing the store and having coffee and dessert. It will always be one of our first stops on any trip to Waynesville in the future. No disappointments here. The staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful as well. An all in all enjoyable shopping and dining experience. Did I mention there is a chocolate and fudge counter in the bakery shop area also.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

Unusual combination of furniture, jewelry, clothing and the best darn desserts ever. We love stopping by on the First Fridays for ART AFTER DARK strolling through Main Street. Even better than desserts is the singing of our friend Jeanie Nabor. She accompanies herself on a guitar and sings all the songs we love. ( and we can understand ALL the words.)