All reviews kiddie pool willow valley twin beds nine hole golf course twisty roads real fireplace huge indoor washer and dryer great wifi college town boone nc grandfather mountain full bath linville falls short drive bit dated sugar mountain
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I was told my cabin would be handicapped accessible, but there were 20 steps down to cabin 5. Then inside there were stairs to the master. Both me and my husband are handicapped. I use a cane, and my husband is on crutches. One day it snowed and the outside steps were slippery and icy. We went down the steps on our butts to keep from slipping. Cabin 1 & 2 looked more accessible and vacant much of the time we were there, so I am not sure why 2 people with special needs were not offered these units.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mersmom2016
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We had so much fun introducing our kids to golf while on vacation. The staff and other patrons were so sweet to tolerate us newbies. We took three teenage boys and an eleven year old and had a blast. Mom loved the SlingStick approach to golf (one stick; couldn't be simpler). Great second day activity on our week vacation. Thanks so much!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

My family and I spent Christmas vacation at the resort, we had 3 units in one building. It was a good base camp for our excursions to hiking, snowtubing, skiing, shopping and dining. Would recommend for other families. We had full kitchen units and had an enjoyable holiday. The location is a short drive to Sugar Mountain or Beech Mountain resort for skiing and snowboarding.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We have stayed here in the past at the same time to enjoy the highland games at Grandfather Mountain. Many improvements over the years. Most units now have air conditioning and high speed internet. This is a mountain resort so the accommodations are a bit Spartan but adequate.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Vintage 50's resort. Sinks are Very small in bathrooms and less than 3 ft. High. No standard amenities: washer machine detergent, coffee, shampoo, and a stove with coil stove top burners and aluminum foil. No ceiling fan in bedrooms. No tv in MBR. Not up to Interval international standards. Only good thing is the setting. My advice: keep looking.

Two stars is generous.