All reviews the grill in season pull out couch small store enjoyed my stay convenient location double bed easy beach access fit the bill beds were comfortable great beach flounder ironing board basic breakfast third floor get away fishing
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had fun fishing at the Pier. We did not use the Inn, however, so cannot give a review for Inn. The pier was great for fishing and they have a small store and a little restaurant you can buy food or supplies in case you forgot something. Nice beach and not very crowded for an Easter week break. It was cold this morning, then hit midday, then cold again after 4p. You might benefit from bringing a jacket just in case.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I was happy to find beachfront accommodations - older, classic motel. We had a nice room. It did not have an iron or ironing board, or coffee supplies, but then maybe I was supposed to bring them - offseason, so I can understand. I think we were only people in the entire motel. Beach is very accessible and near the pier. Nice manager. Great beach - I had lovely sunrise pictures, and saw some dolphins just off-shore.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Julie237
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I'm into taking pictures and this is the best place for the sunset and dolphins. Love love this place, if you get a chance GO! The people around you are friendly and watching the fisherman is something else.

Room tip: Didn't stay at the Inn
Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Klohr
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here many times in the last 33 years, but I won't again. At $170/night I do think improvements could be made. (I can rent a house cheaper.) Understand they have a monopoly on oceanfront, next to their pier; & it doesn't do any good to complain.

The first problem was the apt smelled of mold/mildew. To the point I had to cover my nose to sleep if facing a wall. The problem is inside the old kitchen cabinet doors. Which need cleaning & new contact paper. Few outlets for today's technology. No Wifi - FYI. No coffee, filters, pot holders, dish rags, t towels; or amenities like shampoo, conditioner, et al. Saw roaches in bathroom & kitchen. Bathroom door would not close, & when it did, it stuck. Skillets worn out. No skillet deep enough to hold oil for frying. No knives, no cutting board, dirty dish drainer - everything in the kitchen had to be cleaned before using.

On a positive note, the linen was clean & plentiful. Beds were comfortable.

Some don't care, I do. I'm no pansy. I can go from primitive camping at Portsmouth Island to a 5 star hotel.

It is a beautiful, clean coast. It is quiet, quaint & safe. There are no major hotel/motels or fast food restaurants at Topsail Beach.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 410sootie
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Had a GREAT time. If you are wanting a fancy hotel this is not for you but if you are wanting a clean but dated oceanfront room with a balcony at a very reasonable price this is the place. Not to mention the fishing pier. I fished every morning we were there and caught pin and blue fish. Others caught puppy drum. flounder and trout along with blues and pin fish. We had a great time

Room tip: GREAT oceanfront view,clean beach, good fishing and if not a fishing person walks on the Pier
Date of stay: September 2017