“Gem of the island”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We found this place one block from where we stayed. It was a very pleasant experience. Good food, courteous staff, clean with background music as it should be (in the back ground). Food was well prepared, prompt service. A liitle toward the pricey side but you can expect that at in tourist areas. You get what you pay for here. Definitely would return if I was in the area again.

2  Thank hartsellj

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here numerous times and it's always been delicious. Good service, friendly, a bit loud at times for fine dining but we enjoyed it. Last night I ordered the Seafood Platter, my favorite, and it was definitely different. The fish wasn't freshly cooked and I feel sure it was microwaved. It was flat, rubbery, and tasteless. Four shrimp, two hush puppies, and slaw. And our meal cost close $30 more than the previous night at Sears Landing (which was fresh and delicious). I'm not sure what to think - we arrived when they opened at 5pm and wonder if they decided to push off yesterday's leftovers on an unsuspecting tourist. At this point I'm not eager to return.

2  Thank Dana B
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Really nice restaurant in a town with limited options. When you're here, step out a bit and take a chance on the menu offerings other than the fried seafood. You can get that anywhere in the area, and frankly there are a few places better for that. But, if you want something a little out of the ordinary for a small NC beach town, this is the place. Awesome wine list, great selection of cocktails, awesome chef, and varying menu. Well worth your time.

1  Thank JGJJN
Reviewed 10 November 2017

A friend invited us to dinner here. Staff was great and fun! When I see Cloth napkins I don't think of a grill. We ordered the Hamburger which was, at least, 1 12 inches thick. Cooked perfectly. It had pimento cheese and FF Onion rings on it. Really Good!. I ordered margarita and was told it was good! It was the best margarita I have had in a long time. Virginia, the bartender knows her stuff!

1  Thank ddtuttle
Reviewed 8 November 2017

From start to finish the meal and service was simply outstanding. We enjoyed chicken pastry soup, fried green tomatoes, artisan bread, balsamic scallops and the fresh catch was grouper. Terrific wine selection as well. This was the perfect place to celebrate a birthday and I would go back again and again if I were a local. Can't say enough good things about this place.