“Small place, but delivered big on taste”
Review of S & S Grill

S & S Grill
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Thomasville
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We stopped in Thomasville for gas on the way back from visiting Greensboro. We found this place on trip advisor and saw the burger reviews, so figured we would give it a try. When we went in I was surprised to see there was only a giant 'sorta U' shaped counter that wrapped around the small space, no tables, just stool seating. Not my favorite option when dining with a 3 year old, but she seemed to get the hang of it, so we stayed. The place is literally across the road from a train track. Our little one was so excited when the train came by while reading our menus. The menu was pretty basic, mostly salads, sandwiches, grill items and breakfast stuff. I LOVE hamburgers, so I knew exactly what I was going to have. The burger was amazing! Mine came with 2 thick slices of very delicious tomato, an entire slice of sweet onion and mayo. It was hand pattied and fresh. They cooked it well without drying it out. They don't offer a kids menu, so our little one just had a side of tomatoes (fresh, and they cubed them for her) and some fries. My husband had a double bacon cheeseburger that he had to press down a bit to get his mouth around. The food was so good! I finished my meal with a slice of homemade coconut custard pie. Best I have had since my childhood. The waitress was an older lady...not super chatty, but polite and kept the sweet tea full for my husband. The bill was really reasonable for the amount of food we ate and we left happy and full. The place is right down the street from the big chair that Thomasville is famous for, so we stopped for a pic on our way out of town. The food here is worth the short trip off the interstate! We will definitely be back next time we are out that way.

1  Thank luvfamilyadventure

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Best burgers in Thomasville & surrounding area. Pair a burger with tater-tots and homebrewed tea and you have the combo for a great lunch. They also feature daily specials including soups and homemade desserts. Seating is limited (set number of stools around an "L" shaped bar).

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

We had stop in to do some train watching. The S&S is beside the tracks. Wrap around bar that everyone sits at. Very friendly community.
Great food, and desserts.

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I came in from Houston, Texas to visit family, and we stopped there for lunch. Oh my goodness - is it good! Get the thick bologna sandwich! Now normally I don't eat bologna, but after tasting my brother's sandwich, I had to have one. Get the homemade chips with ranch dip too. And save room for a piece of pie.
They have very limited hours and are only open Monday through Friday so plan accordingly.
The employees are so warm and friendly. I loved the atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

S & S is a great little grill. My favorite place to get a burger. Seating is all at the winding counter on stools. Owners are great. You can't beat the service or the local atmosphere.

1  Thank JJCIII