“Delicious grouper! And love those muffins!”

Riverside Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Swansboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I stay in Cape Carteret every 8 weeks and love visiting this restaurant. I've enjoyed the grouper with the beurre blanc sauce-sooo good! Definitely get seafood-so fresh here! And I love the muffin they serve with every salad. So yummy! The ambiance is quaint and has lovely views. Nightly specials also. I'll be back!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Our family was vacationing at Emeril Isle and I always try to find out where the locals eat; I was told by a charter fishing captain that the place to eat is Riverside. I must admit, it was one of the finest meals that I have ever experienced. Nothing fancy but the food and service are out of this world. The seafood was fresh, steaks tender, salads fresh and the desert fantastic. In addition, they have a full bar and extensive wine list. The only disappointment was that we didn't find it until the last night of our vacation, I would have eaten there several times in one week.
It's only a ten minute drive from the beach areas, and you will definitely need a reservation, but it's so worth it. Plus, Swansboro is neat little town with lots of shops if you want a diversion from the beach.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our three year old son here for dinner. The food was stellar, service fantastic, and everyone there was so genuinely kind. The sweet potato muffins were soul-warming and smelled like heaven.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

All I can say is "oh my God, sweet Jesus". This place was great with reservations, seating, ambiance, and the service was outstanding. The server was extremely knowledgeable of all specials, and even ingredients of signature dishes. He made some great observations in recommending menu items to suit our tastes. Food service was timely hot and adequate. Taste and value were great as well. For the first time in ages, we had doggy bags which is truly amazing in these times. To top it off, birthday boy has a piece of ice cream pie, heaven on a plate that completely shut my diet down but I don't care. I'd gladly eat this desert daily! Don't sleep on this jewel!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I think if you like seafood you will really enjoy this place. Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I ate the crab cakes and they were good. I didn't enjoy the sauce on them, but I scraped it off and was able to enjoy them. The sweet potato muffins are amazing!