“Awesome apple fritters”

The Daily Grind Coffee, Donuts & Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Surf City
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Daily Grind Coffee, Donuts & Ice Cream is open 7 days a week. We have a relaxing setting with FREE WIFI! We offer a variety of menu items. Fresh Brewed Coffee, Latte's, Iced Latte's, Iced Coffee, Smoothie's, Frappe's, Ice Cream, Milk Shakes, Bagels, Muffins, Hand Dipped Ice Cream, FRESH HOT DONUTS and much much more!!! Please stop in and visit us.
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stopped here on a hunt for cupcakes for my son's birthday. Unfortunately no cupcakes, but we did discover their out of the world apple fritters. They have donuts, ice cream, and coffee/tea as well but the fritters stand out to me. So much apple!! Yum

Tracey H, Owner at The Daily Grind Coffee, Donuts & Ice Cream, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We do appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful time at Topsail and hope you found some delicious cupcakes!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

After being let down by The Fractured Prune, we decided to try The Daily Grind donuts. Pictures looked promising. Once arrived and placed order, I noticed all the donuts were made, instead of dipping and topping fresh. The main let down was the size, these were half the size of a normal donut. The manager actually mentioned to the lady helping me to give one extra due to them being "small" that day. Out of a dozen, six people ate seven and threw the rest away. Second let down in a row from Surf City donut shops.

I apologize you were disappointed and do hope you would give us another try. As our machine drops the doughnuts we can not control the size. When the doughnuts are at their largest we sell them for $1 with tax, which we consider a great price for the cost involved. However at times the machine will drop a smaller doughnut therefor we give those to customers. I am quite confident I was the one that was there the day and instructed my employee to give you a few of the small ones extra. Please consider coming in again. Thank you for the review, we do appreciate it.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This is a great little bakery/coffe/donut shop in Surf City. What an excellent way to start off a beach day. The Cinnamon Rolls are particulary tasty. Donuts are great. The staff seem to be particularly proud of the fresh ground coffee - and with good reason. Try everything.

Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Donuts are fresh and tasty but go early to get fresh
Very small place
Friendly customer service
Would recommend

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I am an early bird who loves my morning coffee. I typically get up around 6am and they don't officially open till 7am. However, employees are there around 4am making fresh doughnuts daily and told me they don't mind serving me as long as they have coffee made. They have a customer for life!

Thank you for the review!