“Stuffed Flounder!”

Ranked #31 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great Eats & Fine Spirits!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent flounder stuffed with crab. Also the grilled shrimp was delicious. We went her rather than eating at a food truck.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Peggy288

Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was our third visit to Topsail Island/Surf City, and we were looking for somewhere to eat that we had never been before. So glad we found this place! Some of the best food we had during our visit. Our server was very nice too!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We love the food the food at Quartermaster's!!! I have to be in the right mindset to go there, though, because the service is below standard. I've eaten there maybe 10 times and had good service once...when we sat at the bar.
Since the service is the problem, let's talk about the good stuff. The prime rib was terrific!! Perfectly seasoned, served with a twice baked potato and salad. The price was even reasonable. The fried shrimp are my favorite. The are lightly fried and you get a generous portion. I do think it's odd that you have to choose between fries and cole slaw.
I waited tables for many years and I just can't put my finger on the service issue. They seemed to have plenty of servers, they have someone who brings your food, someone else who hosts...I just don't know. It is disappointing because, if not for the service, this would be a 5 star review. I guess the owners are satisfied with mediocrity. Ok, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with only eating there once every couple of years.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018

First I would like to say that I have been a fan of this place since it was under another name at Topsail Beach.

I drove down tonight from N Topsail to pick up some take out for my wife. I called first however they were sending calls straight to voice mail.

When I arrived I was told that they were to busy to allow any take out orders. When I voiced my displeasure about them not answering the phone I was told that I could speak to the manager if I wished but they would not take my order.

If they don’t want my money they will not get it tonight or any other night.

I would strongly suggest that anyone in the Surf City area dine elsewhere. As you may make the trip here and be refused service.

That was my experience.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Arrived here after waiting 20 min. at another restaurant and left without being acknowledged. The hostess on duty was obviously not having a good evening. Abruptly informed that it would be a 30 min wait which was okay. The wait ended up being closer to an hour. Once seated, we waited another 20 min before being greeted by a server. Placed our order and waited another 45 min for our meal. The food was just average fried seafood fare and certainly not worth a 2 hour wait. Obviously, the management needs to hire more help or do a more effective job of scheduling during peak times. Won't be back - sorry.

Date of visit: May 2018