“Fajitas were great!”

Ranked #26 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Camino Real Mexican Restaurant located in Surf City offers a family friendly environment with a lively atmosphere and great customer experience. We have a pet friendly outdoor patio, kids menu, ABC permits with full drink menu, weekly specials and great food. Our restaurant offers a dining area as well as a bar area with TVs to watch your favorite sports. We have a Loyal Locals program that earns you points when you dine with us and rewards you with coupons along the way. Please call us for details or stop in and sign up! We also have drink specials including our Thursday Night Margarita Special. We love our local clientele and we love our out of town visitors. Come join the fun at Camino Real Mexican Restaurant in Surf City.
Reviewed 12 December 2015

We stopped for lunch and were pleased to find they offered lunch fajitas. They were very authentic and we will be returning for more.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

The tonights (Thurs) specials were $1.99 Margaritas & also tacos for $1.99.
Three of our group had Margaritas. Two said they were just ok to good & one said it was barely drinkable. All said they seemed very weak or watered down.
Three had various tacos; shrimp, fish, beef. All said tacos were ok to good, but as one person said "it's hard to make a bad taco".
Two of us had beef Chimichangas. I have had some outstanding chimichangas in other restaurants and these don't come close to that quality. This is the 2nd time I had chimichangas here (just to be fair) & they were not very good either time. They were very mushy and not crispy. Will not try them again here.
I have also had a "House Specialty"; Steak & Shrimp, in the past. It is sliced ribeye served w/ rice, beans, & guacamole salad. The steak was really good & the shrimp were nice size and tasty & I really liked that dish. I will stick to this in the future.
Desert was Sopapillas aka Bunuelos Mexicanos, a type of fried tortilla chip normally covered with cinnamon & sugar, but these had a special touch. They were also drizzled with chocolate which enhanced the flavor very much. Try them, they are very delicious.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

My husband and I LOVE this place. We live only a few miles away and it was the first restaurant we ate at when we moved here a little over a year ago. It is now a weekly tradition!

The service is quick and friendly, the fish tacos are out of this world, and everything is so fresh. Mexican food is both of our favorites and theirs is delicious and a great deal!

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Our family loves Mexican and there aren't many options around Topsail so we gave Camino Real a shot. Bad move. My daughter and wife both got sick afterwards and we won't be going back. None of us cared for our main course. The chips and salsa were pretty good though - that's about it.

jorge94, Owner at Camino Real Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

I am very sorry for your bad experience. we are committed to have healthy standards in our kitchen. I would love to talk to you about your experience my phone number is 910-443-7213. My name is Jorge and I would resolve any issues you had at my restaurant, thank you.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

My shrimp and rice dish was outstanding. It was tasty but not too spicy. There were 6 of us and we all had great food and quick service. Cannot get a pitcher of Margaritas but you can get a picture of beer. I would make this a regular destination if I lived here but will be sure and go again when we next visit.