“fun spot for lunch”
Review of Charlie Graingers

Charlie Graingers
Ranked #39 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Description: Casual fast food restaurant serving hot dogs, beef brisket, barbecue and house made soups and sides.
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stopped in to grab a quick lunch and were not disappointed. Decorated really well inside. Lots of options even for a vegetarian! Outside seating was nice and breezy.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent customer service. Food is delicious. I’ve had the brisket and hot dogs. Great stop for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Surf City location is small and narrow in design, but is located near a shopping strip with a Harris Teeter supermarket so parking is ample. Prices seemed high relative to portion sizes given. I tried the soup. Pretty good, but I was told by the kids that the brisket was cold, rubbery and tasteless. So much so that we asked for a fresh one.

To their credit, the next sandwich was warm, and less rubbery, but, we waited so long that I was finished with my soup and had to wait for the kids to finish a sandwich that was split between them.

Not sure if I would return, but, I do know people who really enjoy dining at Charlie Graingers.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We each had a $5 hotdog special that included chips and a drink. Good value for the money. First timer and the cashier was helpful with questions. You can eat inside or outside, and it is good for singles, couples, or families.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the beef brisket and BBQ, our son had a hot dog with the works. Very tasty but you have to like vinegar based BBQ. Service was fast and friendly.