“Quick Dinner with Family”
Review of Charlie Graingers

Charlie Graingers
Ranked #39 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Description: Casual fast food restaurant serving hot dogs, beef brisket, barbecue and house made soups and sides.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Surf City location is small and narrow in design, but is located near a shopping strip with a Harris Teeter supermarket so parking is ample. Prices seemed high relative to portion sizes given. I tried the soup. Pretty good, but I was told by the kids that the brisket was cold, rubbery and tasteless. So much so that we asked for a fresh one.

To their credit, the next sandwich was warm, and less rubbery, but, we waited so long that I was finished with my soup and had to wait for the kids to finish a sandwich that was split between them.

Not sure if I would return, but, I do know people who really enjoy dining at Charlie Graingers.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We each had a $5 hotdog special that included chips and a drink. Good value for the money. First timer and the cashier was helpful with questions. You can eat inside or outside, and it is good for singles, couples, or families.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the beef brisket and BBQ, our son had a hot dog with the works. Very tasty but you have to like vinegar based BBQ. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We have never been here before & stopped in for a quick, light lunch. As you can see from our pics of the menu it is limited to several choices ranging from several types of Briskets, Bar-B-Que, Turkey Salad, or Hot Dogs.
We chose to split a "Brisket Sandwich", they knew we were splitting it, but we still had to ask for a knife to cut it in half. They should have cut it for us in back, this was just poor service.
I did enjoy it, but my wife did not care for it. We would try something else the next time we stop in.
The restaurant is narrow & long with limited inside seating, but also offers outside seating. It was clean & the restrooms were also clean.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Nice little place for a quick lunch. Hot dogs are nothing to brag about, but the toppings are what makes it. Great selection of dogs to choose from and the prices are good. I have not tried the brisket but iv'e heard great things about it. I will go back again and again.

1  Thank Topsail T