“A real treasure”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
High Point, North Carolina, United States
“A real treasure”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I'd like to recognize Sheila Milsaps as perhaps one of the friendliest and most conscientious room attendants that I have had the pleasure of meeting during any of my travels After contacting the front desk to inquire about availability and safety for a female traveling alone I arrived to learn that she had been asked to take special care of me. Upon checking in she met me at the room to explain that she would be looking after me for the next 2 days. What a wonderful feeling! We had several great conversations and each day she made sure that I was well taken care of. She treated all of her guests this way. When I asked the front desk about restaurants that delivered they called around and within a matter of minutes several places came and dropped off menus. I highly recommend Big Shotz. The service was quick, fast and the food was wonderful. Everyone I encountered during my visit was a pleasure to deal with. While the Inn may offer all the amenities off the expensive chains and have all of the latest updates it clean, comfortable and friendly which are the most import attributes in my book. If you have the chance to stay here, please give them a try, ask for Sheila. She will make your Day~

Room Tip: There are 2 Suites that are actually 2 rooms that have in room jacuzzis. There is plenty of room for...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Rooms are adequately furnished (but in need of a refurb). Beds were comfortable, linens clean, bathroom very small but acceptable, but again was clean. Rooms have fridge, micro wave, flat screen tv etc. Breakfast was typical continental but not exceptional. The area where breakfast is served was small. Air conditioning in the room was working well.

All in all an acceptable one night stopover hotel, but wouldn't necessarily use again when travelling from Ontario to Florida.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LinnieMaple
Stattesvilleinn, General Manager at Best Western Statesville Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Sir:

On behalf of the Best Western Statesville Inn I would like to thank you for your review.

We realize the importance of guests reviews and welcome them, good or bad. It is the only way that us, the hotels can learn and strive to do better. While I understand our need for our hotel to update our rooms I am sure you can understand that with an ailing tourism industry, finance is difficult to come by.
As a company we have decided to move forward with certain upgrades such as 37" Flat screen tv's, a total lobby renovation as well as certain changes in the rooms. I would therefore like to invite you to keep tabs on our hotel so that you can make use of the upgrades as and when they are done.
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Very convenient off I 77. Many restaurants in area. Front desk not too friendly. Short stay all I need is a clean riom

• Stayed March 2012
Stattesvilleinn, General Manager at Best Western Statesville Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Sir/Madam:
On behalf of our team here at the Best Western Statesville Inn i would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

While I am saddened that you were not greeted with a friendly front desk staff, I would like to assure you that my staff has been made aware of this and together we are all working towards a common goal; to provide our guests with friendly service and ofcourse clean rooms.

We do hope that you will return soon and experience the changes that have been made. Once again I would like to thank you for you're valuable comments.
Litchfield, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, well kept-up. Breakfast was better than typical, and the woman in charge checked on us to be sure we had what we needed. I was particularly impressed by the good working relationship among the staff. They obviously were treated well and enjoyed working there. The night receptionist was new and unfamiliar with the fax, which I needed, but he made all efforts to find out how to run the system. Very pleasant people. Excellent location. We used a walk-in coupon and got a very fine rate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear John:

On behalf of the Best Western Statesville Inn I would like to thank you for posting your views about our hotel and staff.

As you have noticed we pay great emphasis on team work at our hotel and we believe that each of our employees plays an integral role in our business. I apologize for the difficulty in retrieveing your fax and will ensure my staff is current with the procedures so guests can have access to their faxes.

We look forward to you return and once again thank you for your comments.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

While traveling from FL north, my husband and I stopped at this hotel late on 2/9/12. We drove around the area for a few minutes and chose this motel because it was back off the freeway, well-lighted, and had many vehicles in the parking lot. The late clerk was a very nice young man who assigned us a good room (#111) at a good price. We just needed a place to rest for the night before driving on and I was happy that there was a vacancy. I was not thrilled with the pet-friendly sign at the front but the clerk assured us that only certain rooms are for pet people. I am allergic to dander. The room was clean, well-appointed, bathroom was clean, Pantine shampoo/conditioner combo on counter, the towels and wash clothes were thick and clean, the beds were comfortable, and we slept well. Breakfast was fine. The waffle maker was a bit slow but my husband liked his waffles. He normally does not eat breakfast. There was fruit, oatmeal, and good coffee, and that satisfied me. We met several very nice guests in the dining area so I was pleased with the clientele. The manager and staff were all friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family