“Salt & Pepper Catfish!!!”

King of the Sea Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 180 Restaurants in Statesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: 704 872 0177 The food is always good. Service is very good. They use good quality of products.
Reviewed 27 October 2018

I have eaten a lot of salt & pepper catfish here over many years, most recently October 2018. I have never had a bad meal here. Best hushpuppies I've found. Good slaw. My wife likes the perch.

I have found no restaurants like King of the Sea in the North or Midwest. To me King of the Sea is more like the Fish Camps common in the South, not the seafood restaurants one finds in other regions of the U.S. Don't expect Bonefish Grill or Red Lobster type of menu.

I genuinely look forward to eating at King of the Sea when I visit Statesville. I've had many a family meal here and created good memories.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I go to take out often here but will no longer... my order was wrong and I went back to ask for the other part of my order and the kid that took my order was laughing when I tried explaining what was wrong so I asked for my money back.. he got the owner and the owner was attacking me because I wanted my money back? The owner was very hateful and I was scared but I stood my ground and got my money back after he was refusing to give me back my money

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This is a local favorite. We eat broiled fish and it was wseasoned. The hushpuppies are so good they could be dangerous if you are trying not to eat many calories, because you can not eat just one!. The staff is y and attentive. If you like fried fish this would be your place too, as most of the orders I saw going past were fried and from the looks of those eating it must be very good as well. The menu has lots of choices so even if you are not a fish eater there is lots to choose from. We have eaten here before and it was much better than I remember....

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Went 2 weeks ago, and I just have to say it’s one of the worse seafood restaurants I’ve ever been to, 3 item combo, fried scallops, flounder, and shrimp, the flavors of the food were really good, however the shrimp was was kinda soft on the inside if the crispy crust, made me feel like it could have been close to room temperature before being fried, scallops were weird at first it was like ( I’m hungry so and the flavor was good ), however the more i ate the sicker I vacate, noticing the slick/ almost slimy feel of the scallops, I always eat all the scallops on my plate, but I couldn’t that day. As we started to leave, I had to run to the bathroom and throw up, and once in the parking lot, it continued for at least 10 min. I waited as long as I did because the owners were so nice about it, they took it off the bill. But I realized at the end of the day my experience should be told. I am a huge seafood lover, and I will always travel over an hour to my favorite place, we were told about this place, thinking if it as good as our friends said, we won’t have to travel so far. Not the case. And our waitress needs to change careers she seemed uninterested, uncaring, and like a balloon that’s lost it’s air.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Oh my gosh what a meal! After eating until I was ready to pop, I still took home an entire to go box full. Great food, great service at a good price.

Date of visit: January 2018