All reviews fire pit marriott courtyard great hotel movie theater hotels offer outback steakhouse restaurants within walking distance room was clean hotel is located up to date fitness center would highly recommend this hotel after a long day would definitely stay here again great stop king bed front desk staff
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a nice example of the Courtyard chain. The rooms are nice and well appointed. The beds are comfortable. The hotel is in good condition and clean. The outdoor pool area has a fire pit and is a good place to be outside. It is within walking distance of a few restaurants and a movie theater. The gym is small but I was able to run a few miles on the treadmill. Overall, we had a pleasant stay and I would return again in the area.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank HenHoo
Shane A, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Statesville Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review, HenHoo! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. The outdoor area including the pool, Koi ponds, and fire pit is one of the most talked about features of our hotel! I am so glad you were able to enjoy it during you stay! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Statesville.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed for a long weekend here from Oct 12 to the 16th ....2 rooms. My husband and I have been in the hotel industry for years, and we want to Thank the entire staff here for a great weekend. Rooms were excellent ......Front Desk staff was great and friendly; Management was helpful. We look forward to staying there again. We would suggest everyone to book at the Courtyard Statesville/Mooresville.

Room Tip: Hotel is pet friendly; call in advance to request a first floor room if available if you have a pet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review, piratewheels! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. As service is our number one priority, I appreciated hearing that our entire team was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Statesville.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The folks at this hotel are very nice and helpful. The food at the Bistro was really good though a bit pricey. The room was clean and comfortable however I deducted a star rating as we were a bit disgusted at the loaf of bread and trash that was left by the previous guest in a drawer and not taken care of by the housekeeping crew. Would stay there again in hopes that all drawers would be cleaned and wiped out between each guest.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
tsd54, General Manager at Courtyard Statesville Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Statesville!

I am embarrassed to learn of the items you found in the top drawer of your dresser. I can imagine how surprised you must have been. This is certainly not the guest experience that we work so hard daily to provide. We will use this as an opportunity to improve our service moving forward. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We look forward to the next time you travel through Statesville in hopes that we can rebuild your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed on the top floor for 2 nights. The beds were super comfy, rooms looked spiffy and new. Fridge worked well as did wifi. Front desk was very accommodating. Hotel is just off one of the main roads here. Food was tasty.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Shane A, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Statesville Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review, Angie G! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. As service is our number one priority, I appreciated hearing that the front desk was accommodating and that you were able to enjoy the food from our Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to or through Statesville.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Although the hotel is clean and the room is comfortable, it was hard to get a good night's sleep after a long day on the road when there was a loud party going on in the lobby and guests continuing to party in the hallways. It was nice to find a Bistro in the lobby for a quick evening snack but annoying to have to pay for breakfast in the morning when so many hotels offer hot complimentary breakfasts and charge less for the room. When I asked for a morning paper, I was told that the hotel no longer carried them. It just seems that the higher the charge, the fewer the amenities. We weren't staying long enough to explore the rest of the facilities.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Shane A, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Statesville Mooresville/Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Good morning LongIslandMabel,

I can see from your response that you experienced challenges regarding various noises from other guests in the hotel. I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been during what you hoped would be a care free and restful evening. I want to personally apologize about this and for the inconvenience, disturbance, and inconsideration of other guests . Please don't ever hesitate to contact our front desk so that we can handle these situations promptly.

Unfortunately, the Courtyard by Marriott brand has never been a hotel that offers free breakfast. However, we do offer rates inclusive of our delicious, hot, made to order breakfast . Many years ago, Courtyard Hotels did offer a buffet breakfast, but there was a charge for that as well. For your future reference, Marriott does offer a variety of brands that do offer complimentary breakfast including: Fairfield Inn, Town Place Suites, Spring Hill Suites, and Residence Inn. Marriott discovered that some travelers are interested in more than a free buffet breakfast, and would prefer to pay for something fresh and cooked to order. For that reason, Marriott offers a wide variety of brands to accommodate its wide variety of travelers.

You are a valued guest and our goal is to exceed expectations. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Statesville. Thank you for choosing to stay with Courtyard by Marriott Statesville!

All the best,