“Good value”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Steak and Buffet Restaurant
Description: Steak and Buffet Restaurant
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Was actually looking for something else, but have not visited a WS for a long time. Having a steak and adding the salad bar gives full access. Can't eat enough!! Wife had just buffet and was completely satisfied. Staff was great. Atmosphere was great. Can't say enough good.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic buffet: chicken, fish, shrimp, beef stew, turkey and dressing, bbq, all kinds of vegetables, super salad bar, fresh rolls, biscuits, corn muffins. Plus dessert bar with banana pudding, cakes, cookies, cobblers. Iced tea, soft drinks, coffee. Everything was delicious. I just wish I could put it away like I did in my teens! You won't go wrong choosing this Western Sizzlin.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to eat for the whole family was surprised that it was a buffet and everything looked and tasted great lots to choose from and everything was fresh great staff cared for us constantly . If you are close by give it a try !

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a very nice restaurant and very clean. They have every thing set up very nice and had many choices to choose from and every thing looked very good. We order the buffet . The pot roast that I had was very tender and had a good taste. Very nice salad bar and the desert bar had many choices. The people who took your order were very nice and helpful.The waitress was friendly and kept checking on us. The only thing I do not understand was I used my credit card and the total bill was $19.31. But when I checked by credit card statement when we got back home it showed a charge of $22.31. I do not know what the extra $3.00 was for. We gave our server $5.00 cash tip .I did not call and complain to the credit card company. It would be nice to know about the extra $3.00, If I stop here again I will use cash.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

On June 22, 2017 at approximately 1:30 p.m. I was driving my parents through Spruce Pine, North Carolina. We had just paid a visit to Roan Mountain and were having a great day. When we rolled into Spruce Pine we saw the Western Sizzlin and decided to stop since we were hungry and Western Sizzlin restaurants have disappeared from Florida. My parents were discussing getting the biggest steak meal the Sizzlin had and splitting it. My daughter and I were going to have the buffet.

I went in the restaurant first and checked it out. Everything looked good. I approached the cashier just inside the front door and ordered two buffets and asked if they had a steak menu and the cashier pointed to the menu board and said that was it. My parents entered and my father ordered a steak and then asked my mom if that sounded good. The cashier said you can not share a steak. I was taken aback and asked why. The cashier said they may sneak to the buffet bar so everyone had to order a separate meal. I became very upset. I then told her they only wanted the steak meal to share and they would not eat anything off the buffet. The cashier said no, they could not share the steak. I told my parents we were leaving. We then drove to the China Wok Buffet that gave much better service.

After regaining my composure I called the Western Sizzler (828 765 9151) at 1:44 P.M. When I asked to speak to the manager I was told the manager was at the bank. I then called the Western Sizzler in Burnsville, NC (828 682 9500) and asked for the district manager's number. I was told I would have to speak to the manager. I asked to speak to the manager and was told the manager was at the bank. I was very surprised. I wonder if Western Sizzlin had a designated bank time, or if that is some prepared answer.

I then looked up Western Sizzlin on Google and came up with 800 247 8325. When I called the number it says it is Western Sizzlin home office. I called every option at least three times and left messages. As of today June 26 2017 no one has returned my calls. I continued my attempts to contact somebody about the sorry treatment we received at the Western Sizzler. I looked up Biglari Holdings in San Antonio, Texas. I called Biglari holdings at #:10 P.M. (210 344 3400). The lady who answered the phone said they were a holding company who owned Western Sizzlin, but they did not have anything to do with them. I asked for a number I could call to talk to someone about my complaint and the lady said she did not have any information besides the home office number I had been calling. I then called the Western Sizzler in Goldsboro, N.C. at 3:20 P.M. (919 778 7444) to find out how to call in a complaint to a district manager or corporate headquarters. I was told there was no district managers and the person I spoke to said he had never actually spoken to anyone at the home office number.

I feel my parents were treated shabby by Western Sizzlin. I also find in incredible that no one seems to know how to contact corporate personal. I also find it strange no one returned my calls from the "home office". I also wonder why the company who says they own Western Sizzlin (biglari) says they do not know how to contact anyone and do not want to hear about any complaints. No wonder they are dying off and don't exist in Florida anymore.

1  Thank CharlieGates
Darrin K, Owner at Western Sizzlin Steak & More, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

We are sorry for the your bad experience . I would like to explain our policies on sharing. Because we are a buffet style restaurant and all of our dine in entrees include free dessert and hot breads from our bakery, we can not allow only one meal to be purchased and all patrons be able to get all the breads and dessert they want. We have to control this. Some patrons have 3 or 4 people trying to share a hamburger and all eat dessert for free. If you would have given our cashier a chance to explain, she would have let you know that you can forfeit going to the bakery & dessert bars and share any meal from the menu ( not the buffet). I'm sorry you were upset from our rules, we have certain rules so we can stay in business. If you have more questions, feel free to call me. (828) 765-9151 Darrin King / Owner/Operator