All reviews rooms are clean riding the blue ridge parkway definitely stay here again place to stay microwave gas office
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I worked in Spruce Pine a few days a week. Sometimes I stay overnight just to avoid the 1+ hour commute to/from home. I have stayed at this motel 8-10 times in past 18 months. - It is a clean basic place to stay. - No frills, basic motel amenities- fridge, microwave, ice. It is an older place and the AC/heat is noisy and touchy to regulate; the mattresses are not that comfortable - but if you don't mind these issues too much, the price is real reasonable, about $80 a night. *This week I was given Room 47. My caveat for this particular room is that the flush handle on the toilet is apparent pressurized. And it is VERY hard to depress. VERY HARD. Couldn't press it using my fingers, had to use the base of my thumb and push down HARD. Ridiculous. I broke a nail and hurt my thumb.
*Unfortunately, the owner was not very interested in the issue. When I made a stop at the office in the morning, she just said 'it's pressurized and you have to push hard.' When I told her HOW hard I had to push, and that it actually hurt my thumb, she just looked at me -- no response. Yes, I will stay there again because it is a no frills, no romance place to stay - a room for the night- and the price is reasonable for what you get. **I like Room 55 because it has a hook on bathroom door for clothes and the mattresses are the best I've found there so far.**. BUT I will NOT stay in Room 47 again. Trying to flush the toilet took pseudo-superpowers and the owner was not concerned with the issue.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Kats1986
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Me and the wife were out riding the Blue Ridge Parkway one weekend without any reservations. We pulled off the Parkway around Little Switzerland to get gas and came across this Motel. The rooms are clean. the rates were reasonable. you can pull your bike up to the door and in the morning they supply towels to wipe the dew off.

Room Tip: Motorcycle friendly
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

This is a small mom and pop motel. It is very clean, just a little outdated. All rooms are on one level and are easy to access. There is a very nice picnic area out back. Plenty of places to eat in the area. If you are looking for a clean and quiet place to sleep this is it.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I stayed 2 nights here and was well pleased with the room and the people on the staff. Nothing fancy but clean quiet rooms and a good price to value. Near the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance and nearby attractions like Linville caverns and Linville falls on the parkway. Quaint little downtown area as well. The North Carolina Mineral museum is just off the parkway entrance. I recommend you consider this motel if you are visiting the parkway. Also take a minute to look at the rock collection in the office of the motel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Clean and nice hotel, we
Stayed in the two bed room suite, it was huge, could have been an apartment. It's very clean but still living in the 70's.. Which to me fits the area and if something is clean who cares.. It was a very nice place in ritual North Carolina, not far from blue ridge parkway.. Quaint town, check out Nut Bobs

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family