All reviews nice room king bed tub motel pet tv wifi sink fridge
Reviewed 17 September 2014

Motel site in a less than desirable location and there are no locks on dorrs leading into the motel hallways. Extremely unsafe and anyone can just walk into the halls where the rooms are. They advertise newly remodeled rooms but they are not. Mattresses are horrible and very uncomfortable and absolutely nothing matches. The office and dining area were the nicest areas. Bathrooms very outdated with rusted appliances. TV did not work half the night. The manager was nice but this motel is lacking in quite a few areas and needs some serious attention. Most importantly is the security issue.

Room Tip: There are no good tips - Do not choose this hotel.....
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 6 September 2014

This could be a good place with very little effort - it seemed clean enough but it has the cheapest mattresses I've ever tried to sleep on and the shower curtain is 3 inches inside the tub so you can't shower without having it all over you. The furnishings seemed disjointed and a vanity has been removed leaving just wasted ugly space.
And don't go hungry to the "continental" breakfast - you can get the same things from the vending machines at the bus station.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The couple who runs the hotel is very very nice. I was in a pinch. My room at the Microtel became the Microb-Tel so I ditched that Microtel (see my other review on Microtel) in Southern Pines at 9PM at night. Most hotels were booked except this one. So the husband took me to a room and found it very, very clean. So I checked in. I usually don't have people come into my room to clean, but I forgot to put the do not disturb sign out, and they cleaned the whole darn room again. A lot of hotels will clean the sink and maybe vacuum but they even cleaned the tub!! Yahoo! Thank you so much. The table was clean, night stand clean. Even the garbage cans were clean as a whistle, and I mean the container itself. I felt very safe there. The parking lot is extremely well lit.

I gave them one less circle because the décor is old looking and the breakfast buffet is doable but not spectacular. No decaf or hot water but they were willing to give me both of these items but I was in a hurry. The lighting in the room was in odd places. They had one florescent light that was "bright white" and it was too bright for the early morning hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean G
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Room looked as if it had recently been updated bed was comfortable. Did look like the bathroom had been updated some but floor was tiled and needed a good scrubbing grout was dirty in places. It was quiet, slept well. There is no locks on hallway doors, didn't like that anyone could enter. Breakfast was so, so juice and pastries. Had to wait at front desk for someone to come and check me in even after buzzer sounded when I came in door and I hit bell on counter. It was close to lots of restaurants for dinner. Wi-fi worked great. I asked for a King bed wish she had told me it was a handicap room before I signed for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel this weekend and the conditions were sub par. I am typically not picky about hotels, but this one stole the cake by being one of the worst. The furniture is very old and the constructions needs renovating. Walls were stained and paint was chipped in many places. My kids and I rented a suite and it was a great size. But that was the only good point. There is no security in this hotel. People can walk in off of the street and walk right up to your bedroom door which made me uncomfortable as I was a single woman travelling with children. The shampoo/conditioner and soap were very small and cheap ingredients. The price was great, but I got what I paid for. Will think twice before renting a room here on my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo