Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Comfort Inn(Smithfield)
US$ 123
US$ 110
ComfortInn
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield(Smithfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
US$ 66
SleepInn
US$ 94
US$ 88
Super 8 by Wyndham Smithfield(Smithfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 68
US$ 79
US$ 56
Priceline
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskhi expressindoor poola great nights sleepseveral hoursconference roomyoung ladyfitness centeroutlet shoppingsausagefamily reunioneggssouthern hospitalityother hotelsgreat stoplots of restaurantswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We travel a lot along I-95 between Maryland and Florida, and when we find a place to spend the night that's worth talking about, we like to share our experience.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel, don't try one of them along I-95. You need to go into the big city for that. But if you want a nice, clean, quiet place to spend the night, this is the one to choose. It has everything you want, and the staff is friendly and efficient. They greet you with a smile and are equally pleasant as you check out. If hotels had a congeniality award, they would win.

The complementary breakfast is up to the highest Holiday Inn Express standards, and there's plenty of room for everyone in the breakfast room. For dinner, we like the Texas Steakhouse just down the road from the hotel. You can even walk there if weather permits. At check-in you get a ticket for a 10% discount on the meal at this restaurant and others nearby.

My vote for this hotel is backed by our intention to return on our southbound travels each year, so my wife and I will "walk the walk" and not just "talk the talk."

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MeenuS-Gm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for your kind remarks! It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay while traveling south on I-95. I'm happy to hear that our staff were able to provide you with courteous and professional support during your stay. If you are heading back into the area, it would be our pleasure to accommodate for you again. Thank you once again for your kind remarks.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

After a long trip on the I-95, it was nice to find a clean, spacious hotel to rest our heads. This hotel is right off the I-95 and close to restaurants and other hotels in Smithfield, NC. The large king size room was clean and newly furnished. The staff, very helpful and friendly. For $101 total, I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Amrita S,
Thank you for your kind remarks! It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us after traveling quite a distance. I love the king beds here! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our friendly staff! If you are traveling in the area, come by and visit us again. It would be our pleasure to accommodate for you in the near future. Again, thank you for your kind remarks!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We arrived later than we expected (because of the crazy carmedagon traffice from the awesome solar eclipse). We called and they assured us they held our room. There's not many places open for eating in that area at that hour, but the host put us in the direction and we came back and ate our take-out in the lobby/dining area. We then headed to our room (122). High ceiling was my first impression (which I like) and overall nice clean room. We were across from the pool area, and as I recall there was a nice pool outside. In the morning I stepped outside and saw Deborah, another hostess. I told her I thought everything was nice about this hotel - both inside and out. She was so gracious. I wouldn't hesitate to stay her again.

Room Tip: Room 122 if you want to be on the first floor and close to the indoor pool and front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Georgi E,

Thank you for your kind remarks! It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I am happy to hear that our staff were accessible and efficient in assisting you during your stay. I love the high ceilings, as well! If you are in the area again, please feel free to stop by and stay with us. It would be our pleasure to accommodate for you at anytime. Again, thank you for your kind remarks.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

was greeted by the sweetest young lady at check-in. After checking us in and making sure we had all we needed she gave us a list of restaurants in the area that you could walk to and if you told them you're staying at HIE you got 10% off bill. Then she reminded us of breakfast that was included with nights stay. Breakfast was great and then we realized we would be coming back on way home and decided to make reservation for return home. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Nancy S.,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am so glad to hear you had a great checkin experience and were able to take advantage of the 10% restaurant discount (it definitely comes in handy!) during your visit with us, as well as our delicious hot breakfast bar. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Erikka N.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We like to stay at HIE when traveling. Room was spotless clean. Went to pool and water was very cloudy, we did not go in. Room was hot unable to adjust the a/c in room. Plenty of places to eat around motel. Very good breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Michael O.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so sorry to hear that the pool was cloudy - it is not a common issue we have, and has since been resolved. I also apologize for the issues with the AC unit, it has been fixed as well. However, I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast bar during your visit and found your room to be spotless. Our staff works hard to maintain the property, so we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Erikka N.