All reviewsfront deskhi expressindoor poolyoung ladya great nights sleepseveral hoursconference roomfitness centersausagefamily reunionsouthern hospitalitywould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast roomrestaurants in the areabeds were very comfortableoff the highwaybagels
Reviewed 9 August 2017

was greeted by the sweetest young lady at check-in. After checking us in and making sure we had all we needed she gave us a list of restaurants in the area that you could walk to and if you told them you're staying at HIE you got 10% off bill. Then she reminded us of breakfast that was included with nights stay. Breakfast was great and then we realized we would be coming back on way home and decided to make reservation for return home. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Nancy S.,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am so glad to hear you had a great checkin experience and were able to take advantage of the 10% restaurant discount (it definitely comes in handy!) during your visit with us, as well as our delicious hot breakfast bar. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We like to stay at HIE when traveling. Room was spotless clean. Went to pool and water was very cloudy, we did not go in. Room was hot unable to adjust the a/c in room. Plenty of places to eat around motel. Very good breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Dear Michael O.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so sorry to hear that the pool was cloudy - it is not a common issue we have, and has since been resolved. I also apologize for the issues with the AC unit, it has been fixed as well. However, I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast bar during your visit and found your room to be spotless. Our staff works hard to maintain the property, so we appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Clean and convenient hotel just off I-95. Staff was professional. Had better greetings at other Holiday Inns but this was fine. Room was very clean, quiet and bed was comfortable. Self serve breakfast was hot and plentiful. Gym is small with only 4 machines. There are two pools, 1 in and 1 outside. Biggest drawback, only 1 ice machine and its in the lobby. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet so its not important where you stay.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Gaudilady,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you found our property to be clean and comfortable, and the staff to be professional. The outside pool actually belongs to the hotel in front of us, but I hope you were able to take advantage of our indoor saltwater pool during your stay! We do have another ice machine on the 4th floor as well. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived and was greeted by a very helpful clerk. We checked in less than 5 minutes. Went to our room very very nice
On Saturday and Sunday morning we ate at the motel and the food was fresh and tasted good. The lady in the breakfast area was also very pleasant. I would recommend this motel. Very quiet. Close to shopping and restaurants I would give it 5 stars

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronny T
MeenuS-Gm, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Ronny T,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that the staff members were friendly and helpful - it is something we always strive for, so your feedback is appreciated. I am also pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our delicious hot breakfast bar during your stay. We hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Checked in late. Parking lot is lit well with ample parking. The room was clean. True queen beds! The beds had four pillows each and cotton bedding...NO polyester duvet thank goodness. A big storm rolled through just after we arrived and could not hear a sound!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandee H

Dear Sandee H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room and found everything clean and comfortable so you were able to get a good night's rest (and that you beat the storm!). Our staff strives to provide the quality our guests come to expect from our brand so we value your feedback. We hope to see you the next time you're traveling through the Smithfield area!