All reviewsdonga stylecamp kitchengreat stopoutbackfacilitiesbbqunit
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Our last fuel stop here in 2006 was very positive. On this occasion we planned to overnight here. Our donga style ensuite room was more than we expected and we were very impressed to have our own private bbq immediately outside of our unit. These folks are really trying hard and we were happy to give them our custom.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Rarely do I write a negative review but the arrogance of the manageress has to to be experienced to be understood,
I arrived down the track to find petrol,cap missing. I had not handled the transaction in any way thus a staff member forgot to replace the cap.
Rang Sunday morning greeted with "I am not at the station yet.
"I am not a child and need instructions was the surly response when providing information as to who to pass the missing cap to"
No we dont have it...
No we definitely don't have it..
Yes we found it...no apology..
Such a difference to the delightful young lady I rang at BP Laverton to question if it was there. She searched, empathised and wished me best luck in my search. Not servile merely showing the type of manners one would expect.

Tip
Fill up in Laverton

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
ZooRoadhouse, Manager at Tjukayirla Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Manager at Tjukayirla Roadhouse, responded to this review

I am sorry you feel you had bad service. You called us at 7am on a Sunday morning and you seemed angry that someone left the petrol cap off your car, and you demanded it be found and sent with someone coming through. As it hadn't been turned in, I said I would look for it once we were open and I asked if you had taken it off yourself or our staff had done it, and who served you. All reasonable questions as I tried to establish where it might be. This seemed to make you quite angry.

I did look everywhere for your cap and eventually found it up the road at the end of our driveway. I looked right away despite the fact that we don't open until 9am

We called you three times to advise we were looking for it, to ask questions about who served you as at the time of your visit, we were quite busy and there were three of us serving.

Once located, we called again and left a message to advise you we were sending it with one of your colleagues from NG Lands School

It's disappointing indeed that someone who works out here would leave a review like this on our business page (we have many many positive reviews on our page, wiki camps and trip advisor, particularly as we had actually done what you requested.

I do apologise for asking you not to speak to me like a child. I am not used to being shouted at at 7am in the morning and I reacted negatively, I agree.

Please feel free to call in and have a cup of coffee and cake on us on your next trip by way of apology. Have a great day :)

Regards
Tjukayirla Roadhouse

Reviewed 12 November 2016

We stopped in at the Tjukayirla Roadhouse on the Great Central Road. We were wild camping with others not far down a side road but made the time to get some provisions at the roadhouse before heading out. Great friendly service, decent selection of food and snacks and clean facilities, we almost doubled back to stay there for the night. Next time we will.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
ZooRoadhouse, Manager at Tjukayirla Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2017

Thanks for the review :) I just noticed this on the trip advisor page, also notice you are from the Maritimes ?? I'm a Haligonian myself :)

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Lovely clean roadhouse with a good selection of foods - fresh and prepared (considering its isolation). Very friendly service both times that we visited.

The second time we stayed in the non-powered camping. Lovely area. Amazing clean showers with lots of added touches (pegs and baskets and washing machine in the locked ladies amenities). A box for adding old clothes to be donated to locals who need them was very thoughtful and great for us as our youngest had grown out of several items during our trip. Great to know that they were going to a worthy cause.

The open-sided camp kitchen had everything - including tea towels and a coits set. Large communal fireplace would have been fun to use if we weren't so tired.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The camping area is recommended
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank KyKPerth
ZooRoadhouse, Manager at Tjukayirla Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback :) We thank you for noticing the little touches we put in place to make life easier for our guests and are really glad you found them useful. Many thanks, Al & Serena

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We were suprised by the friedly athmopshere there deep in the Outback. Over nicht we had a slow puncture and while having breakfast Alan fixed the problem in his exzellent garage. Everywhere you could feel the female hand of Serena.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
AlBunjy, Manager at Tjukayirla Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback :) Enjoy Australia :) Al & Serena