“Great coffee and restaurant quality food”
Review of 42Fifteen

42Fifteen
Ranked #4 of 239 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 42 Fifteen is an oasis in the center of Davenport street in the gold coast suburb of Southport. Cosy surroundings with bright furniture and a timber feature wall are complimented with an ever evolving menu featuring locally grown produce and great friendly service. 42Fifteen is a great place to go for a meal or just a coffee.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I went here for lunch on the recommendation of my barber (West Side represent!) and was not disappointed. The sandwiches are beyond what I expect from a cafe. Truly fantastic combinations of ingredients and flavours.

1  Thank Derrin C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

The staff was really helpful and friendly. The meal was also ok. However the overall experience was ordinary. The place was a little run down and dirty. The menu was very basic with higher than normal prices. There was no background music. The coffee was warm and I asked for a caramel latte and it was that sweet that I couldn't drink it.
Good once but I won't go back.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a lovely breakfast.
We had the Corn Fritters, Frank and Beans, Banana Bread and Bacon eggs. Everything was cooked perfectly. Compliments to the Chef. Service was friendly

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Milkshakes were impressive, as was the avocado. Eggs Benny was delicious. Bacon was perfectly cooked, the mushrooms and truffle oil extra was a good large serve for $4.50 but assumed the tomatoes served with breakky would be cooked not fresh. Overall, very happy.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The only bad part of my experience is realising that I have live here for 5 years and never eaten breakfast here before! Now I know what I've been missing.

Pete & Jules you know how much we love SoPo (we are addicted), but why haven't you made me come to 42fifteen earlier? Once Mikey found out we hadn't been here before he made the girls and I come here straight away and it's epic.

The best part of my experience was reading the review below and your accurate response. I was so inspired that I downloaded the TripAdvisor app and had to wire this, my first review.

All three of my friends were currently eating your amazing Eggs Benedict while I read the Michelin Star Mistry Dinner's review (see below for a good laugh) out to them. We all searched for the lemon fury described in the review, but could only taste the extremely pleasant orange zest described by Pete in his response.

If only we possessed his discerning palette then we would've understood the distinct contrast to the underside of our shoe and apparently favored the taste of the shoe. All I can say is that he must've stepped in something great.

Although I do not consider myself the most technologically savvy person I had to slay this keyboard warrior.

Jules arrived half way through me writing this review and explained to me that the confusion must be because we don't adhere to the Michelin Star rating here in Australia, but instead use the Chef Hat rating system, that doesn't seem to consider the taste of the underside of a shoe a relevant benchmark when grading food.

All-in-all this has been a wonderful morning with the only downside that my hashbown has gone cold while I wrote this review. My only regret is not finishing it before I started.

Pete & Jules I promise we will be back. As always your food, service and personal attention was amazing. Us locals are very grateful we have your two venues here in Southport that we can walk too.