“I should have come sooner!”
Review of 42Fifteen

Ranked #2 of 261 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 19
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 42 Fifteen is an oasis in the center of Davenport street in the gold coast suburb of Southport. Cosy surroundings with bright furniture and a timber feature wall are complimented with an ever evolving menu featuring locally grown produce and great friendly service. 42Fifteen is a great place to go for a meal or just a coffee.
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The only bad part of my experience is realising that I have live here for 5 years and never eaten breakfast here before! Now I know what I've been missing.

Pete & Jules you know how much we love SoPo (we are addicted), but why haven't you made me come to 42fifteen earlier? Once Mikey found out we hadn't been here before he made the girls and I come here straight away and it's epic.

The best part of my experience was reading the review below and your accurate response. I was so inspired that I downloaded the TripAdvisor app and had to wire this, my first review.

All three of my friends were currently eating your amazing Eggs Benedict while I read the Michelin Star Mistry Dinner's review (see below for a good laugh) out to them. We all searched for the lemon fury described in the review, but could only taste the extremely pleasant orange zest described by Pete in his response.

If only we possessed his discerning palette then we would've understood the distinct contrast to the underside of our shoe and apparently favored the taste of the shoe. All I can say is that he must've stepped in something great.

Although I do not consider myself the most technologically savvy person I had to slay this keyboard warrior.

Jules arrived half way through me writing this review and explained to me that the confusion must be because we don't adhere to the Michelin Star rating here in Australia, but instead use the Chef Hat rating system, that doesn't seem to consider the taste of the underside of a shoe a relevant benchmark when grading food.

All-in-all this has been a wonderful morning with the only downside that my hashbown has gone cold while I wrote this review. My only regret is not finishing it before I started.

Pete & Jules I promise we will be back. As always your food, service and personal attention was amazing. Us locals are very grateful we have your two venues here in Southport that we can walk too.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Your waitstaff certainly need training. Do they know how to clear dirty tables? Simple orders and basic hospitality skills are apparently incomprehensible to them, a hot chocolate instead of a mocha, no apology for the mistake then the most awful, burnt, poorly made espresso shot was given to add to it. It's not difficult to make a shot of coffee that doesn't taste like the underside of my shoe but according to your staff I may as well have asked for the Holy Grail.
Asked for a breakfast burger with tomato and mayo. Heard the waitress give the order wrong. Had to call her back and recitfy this misunderstanding, because we all know how complicated condiments can be.
Eggs Benedict - don't do it. I say this as one human with a functional tongue to another. Citrus hollandaise? Thought it would be a delightfully hint-of-lemony salsa dance on the tastebuds but it was like life was not only giving me lemons but viciously hurling them at me and squeezing the remains on my escaping soul. Disgusting. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to have a stern talking to because that was shameful. The whole thing was shameful.
Man oh man are you guys not getting recommended.
Also whichever waitress you have back there who giggles like a hyena forcefully laughing at a joke told by Mufasa needs to calm down. I know breakfast is the most important part of the day but it's not the bloody cirque de soleil love.

3  Thank Alison B
Peter B, Owner at 42Fifteen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review. I feel that after talking to my staff i should address a few points.
1. you entered my cafe and sat at a dirty table. Under certain circumstances a table may be left dirty for a short period of time as people have just ate at it and most professional staff find it quite frustrating when a customer (you) sits down without waiting for it to be cleaned.
2. I am really happy that you know what the underside of your shoe tastes like so you could compare it to our coffee. Yes we made a mistake . some times people make mistakes (except for you of course). We did our best to rectify it but you were not happy and would have not been charged if you had decided to be an adult and say something on the spot.
3. our eggs benedict has had the same citrus hollandaise on it for 4 years and we have had an amazing amount of praise from our customers about it. Unfortunately your obviously well refined pallet was mistaken as we use orange in our hollandaise sauce not lemon maybe that taste was your sour attitude. Once again you did not say anything to our staff on the day and if you had you would not have been charged for it.
Your soul probably would also have remained intact had you had the testicular fortitude (balls) to let my staff know you were not happy.
4. Your personal attack towards my baristas laugh is not only futile but shows a lack of sense of humor as well as a lack acceptance of others and there individuality.
5. Yes breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are very proud to be serving a great breakfast at 42fifteen with a cheeky smile and some laughter to start your day.
I would like to share with you some advice. If you are not happy with an establishments service or food be a big girl and let somebody know at the time. If you had done this on the day your whole bill would have been refunded and you would have been given a sincere apology. Instead you decided to give us a bad review within a sea of good reviews and you still had to pay for something you were not happy with.
Once again thank you for your words and finally i must say please do not enter my circus again as the clowns do bite.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Totally blown away this morning when I ordered coffees on the way to march in an Anzac Parade and they wouldn't let me pay for them. The owner said anyone wearing service medals received their coffee free today. Not only a wonderful cafe with fantastic coffee but an owner with a heart. This is a must visit in Southport for a relaxed coffee and bite to eat. Neat atmosphere and staff who make you feel welcomed and valued.

1  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Friendly staffs with cheers served creative tasty fusion breakfast in a fresh morning. Lovely start of the day!! The avocado schmear served on fresh sour dough with sticky balsamic to bring out the taste of just riped avocado. Don't miss out a cup of cuppcino. Great tast. Serving portion is gerenous in a reasonable price. Easy to find parking in front of the shop. If have free wifi, it will be a good place to chill out too.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We go regularly after gym for a coffee and Braffle (breakfast jaffle) the coffee is really good. It's not expensive and the ladies that work there are really friendly.