“Central Dining!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

JFX Restaurant in Southport Central , Gold Coast was quite busy this Sunday evening . Japanese cuisine, very fresh and tasty. Our small group shared some of the dishes ordered. Efficient staff , good prices. Sit inside or out. We shared a bottle of sparkling Sake first. Special menus of noodle and rice bowls ; stone pot rice and noodles; pork belly rice bowl and crumbed oysters/ prawns were savoured. Green tea followed.
JFX in Southport is one of the many restaurants in this area serving quite a large Japanese/ Asian influx. Handy to the many large hi-rise accommodation and student apartments here. On light rail/ bus routes.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

You can choose the all your can eat menu ($49.99 or $34.99). You order how many piece of meat or other side other items. We like the beef tongue and the wagyu beef is so so. There is a 90 minutes limitation but sometimes we have to wait about 10 mins for the order when they are busy. Their ventilation is not very strong so all the clothes will have the BBQ smell.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I have recommended this place to lots of friends. Every one is impressed with the food and the service.

The Sashimi is superb, and the barbecue is a must. I am not a big meat eater, but will eat it at this place and at the Japanese BBQue restaurant in the Nexis Building which I have been eat at since it opened years ago.
Both of these restaurant cater for the Asian students of which there are many in the area, so prices are very reasonable.
I eat at these restaurants a couple of time a week and have never had a meal I did not like.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I kid you not, every single time we go to GC, we make it a point to visit JFX at least once. If it was up to me, we would be eating here everyday.

The food is amazing, cheap and fresh! My favorite combination.

They have a variety of items on the menu with specials each day. They also have free, unlimited miso for customers, great staff and an awesome vibe.

Definitely make it a point to eat here when you're in South Port. You will fall in love with it like we have!

1  Thank Debjani H
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

The food here is exceptional, I've had dinner here many times over the years. I like the barbecue, it's all you can eat and the price is very reasonable. The individual dishes are great too. I can never go past the gyoza and karage chicken. Pro-tip: if the weather is turning ugly make sure you book in advance and get an inside table. In fact, always book in advance!